sharetrader
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dumbass View Post
    triangle broke out to the downside for 60
    Cheers dumbass, I have spotted the triangle aswell, I waited untill 6535 to short NZD for some reason and missed out on the big drop, DOH! awell Im only playing on demo at the moment,

cheers guys

hi juggernaut,

i draw my trend lines a little bit different to yours.
    i would only connect the candle wicks not the bodies.
    a confimed trendline requires 3 points so the lower trendline would have given an earlier break.
    just have a go and redraw it and see how the situation changes.

with trading in general i have learnt ( difficult some times ) to trade the charts only.

the rbnz anouncement was a triangle breakout trade, so my trade got hit prior to the anouncement. see how the technical break gave the clue to the decision.
    some people will say thats rubbish but ask arco or peat how its always in the charts.

yes I use EoD prices for stocks (longer timeframes) but use the high/low prices for forex.

BTW, what unit bars is that chart of the breakout in?

I have a lot of trouble when the price action moves up and down around a trendline or support. How do you decide when the price has broken through the support or when it simply penetrates slightly and bounces? Do indicators help with that in some regard, or is it simply "the trend is your friend"?
    Disclaimer: Do not take my posts seriously. They are only opinions.

AMR has sold all shares and is pursuing property.

@#@$$ !!!!

I should have held on to my NZD AUD short position!!! :mad:
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

trendline breaks are always a little subjective .

i would always draw my lines to price extremes so as to reduce the chance of a false breakout.
    You should look out for sharp impulsive moves breaking trendlines rather than a sideways drift.
    Learn your chart patterns to second guess direction better.
    Set trades past a trendline to cover against false breaks.
    If you miss the trade dont chase it , you may have a chance to reenter as trendlines are often tested again and again.

hi juggernaut,

i draw my trend lines a little bit different to yours.
    i would only connect the candle wicks not the bodies.
    a confimed trendline requires 3 points so the lower trendline would have given an earlier break.
    just have a go and redraw it and see how the situation changes.

with trading in general i have learnt ( difficult some times ) to trade the charts only.

the rbnz anouncement was a triangle breakout trade, so my trade got hit prior to the anouncement. see how the technical break gave the clue to the decision.
    some people will say thats rubbish but ask arco or peat how its always in the charts.
    Cheers DA, Ive attached updated image, it looks better now, looking back now i should have got in as soon as I saw the 3rd confirmed point leading to a downtrend. Well I just sold out of my demo run, made 75 pips in total

Fundamentals vs technical analysis, there is always going to be a debate about which is better, I think the fundamentalists just dont want to believe that there might just be something to technical analysis!

Quote Originally Posted by AMR View Post
    yes I use EoD prices for stocks (longer timeframes) but use the high/low prices for forex.

BTW, what unit bars is that chart of the breakout in?
    - that chart was set on 1 hour, is that what you were asking?

Quote Originally Posted by AMR View Post
    I have a lot of trouble when the price action moves up and down around a trendline or support. How do you decide when the price has broken through the support or when it simply penetrates slightly and bounces? Do indicators help with that in some regard, or is it simply "the trend is your friend"?
    - I also have trouble deciding when a support has been broken, over the last few weeks I to have noticed the price does bounce slightly over and under support/resistance lines, does anyone have an awnser to this ?
    Last edited by Juggernaut; 11-09-2008 at 07:07 PM.

heres my chart on nzd h1

heres my chart on nzd h1
    Cheers DA, that is quite a bit different to my chart, I see what I did wrong, you took the starting point from alot further back, do most of you guys work on 1 hour graphs?

Hi,
    Just wondering playing in FX is more risky than NZX?,
    i mean do most of you do margin lending when buying FX?
    Is $2000 nzd to little to play with in FX
    Bye Bye BUy

Quote Originally Posted by NOCASH View Post
    Hi,
    Just wondering playing in FX is more risky than NZX?,
    i mean do most of you do margin lending when buying FX?
    Is $2000 nzd to little to play with in FX
    FX is much less risky than stocks. You never get gaps unless you hold over the sunday. $2k is definitely enough, I'm playing with 1k right now.
    Disclaimer: Do not take my posts seriously. They are only opinions.

AMR has sold all shares and is pursuing property.