sharetrader
Page 22 of 120 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast

jeez somebody better buy some quickly else a close at 181 will make the end of week chart look sad .... and trigger a sell off next week

I know only 10,000 odd shares but the line on the chart is what makes people happy

I reckon if I put a buy at 175 it just might get filled
    Last edited by winner69; 08-11-2013 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Bound to get back that again .... beaten up post the GFC and the future looks a lot brighter for outfits like CAV .... unless the govt thinks carpet should be cheaper as well

Chart just for the memories 777 ..... and to give those holding today some comfort that CAV noy heading into uncharted territory .... been there before
    Your chart goes back to 1994 but I've only been able to find charts going back 10 years. Where did you get it from???
    Reason for asking - trying to track the purchase price of some of my parents' shares where their paperwork has gone astray.

Quote Originally Posted by Merc View Post
    Your chart goes back to 1994 but I've only been able to find charts going back 10 years. Where did you get it from???
    Reason for asking - trying to track the purchase price of some of my parents' shares where their paperwork has gone astray.
    If you really want to go back zonks use ft.com and their interactive charts --- no guessing the prices from the charts because being interactive you can see them

Here's their CAV version

http://markets.ft.com/research/Marke...mary?s=CAV:NZC

Sales have been about the same level for years ..... even since 1987 the average prob about 2 bucks .... maybe that is its true place in life

If you really want to go back zonks use ft.com and their interactive charts --- no guessing the prices from the charts because being interactive you can see them

Here's their CAV version

http://markets.ft.com/research/Marke...mary?s=CAV:NZC

Sales have been about the same level for years ..... even since 1987 the average prob about 2 bucks .... maybe that is its true place in life
    Thank you, very helpful.

Many years ago we were given the game "Takeover - The NZ Sharemarket Game." By the time we got it a number of companies had ceased trading and looking at it again now there are very few I recognize.

I've just looked it up on Google and it was published in 1986. Blue Chip Companies on the board include Equiticorp, Chase Corporation, Bexley, Ceramco...

My 87 year old mother last bought shares, including CAV, in the late 90s. Somehow I think it is time for a major review. A few years ago we tried to get her to use her Broker's managed fund (seeing we knew nothing about shares) but she declined. The problem is she did sell any she'd just dump it in the bank at an interest rate less than inflation rather than reinvest.

Risks for a Carpet firm? The craze for polished floors, synthetics and cheap imports...

Well done guys ....getting your money out and buying again to pull it out of the downtrend

Jeez ....see DLX selling heaps more paint in nz .....think where paint goes carpet follows eh ....new houses and buildings they say the reason behind their growth

3 bucks next year?

Well done guys ....getting your money out and buying again to pull it out of the downtrend

Jeez ....see DLX selling heaps more paint in nz .....think where paint goes carpet follows eh ....new houses and buildings they say the reason behind their growth

3 bucks next year?
    And where there's paint there's fibre cement board. Go JHX. Their report today suggests Aus outlook improving and has shown through a bit in results. Good sign for CAV in Aus?

Guru

Read the AGM addresses out now.... don't know what to make of it. A real sweet and sour combo on initial thoughts.
    Normalised earnings expected to be between 8 and 10 million. Not that great I would have thought.

That aside what was really worrying was that they did not mention that "they were well positioned". This sent alarm bells ringing my way. Until I managed to read "we have laid a platform for further growth" at which I let out an audible sigh of relief. :P
    Last edited by blackcap; 19-11-2013 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Read the AGM addresses out now.... don't know what to make of it. A real sweet and sour combo on initial thoughts.
    Normalised earnings expected to be between 8 and 10 million. Not that great I would have thought.

That aside what was really worrying was that they did not mention that "they were well positioned". This sent alarm bells ringing my way. Until I managed to read "we have laid a platform for further growth" at which I let out an audible sigh of relief. :P
    Heck that is almost a profit downgrade

Guidance of 8 mill to 10 mill means 8 mill (CAV nearly always come in lower end of guidance, like last year eh) which isn't much more than the 6.6 mill last year is it. And some call this a turnaround ...tell me another one.

Hope seems to prevail still .......CEO says .slower start to year than we would have hoped ......main short fall has been margins and volumes in the carpet business he says .......omg he has hit their main problem on the head ....what a guru ......but things are looking better so we be ok eh (hope)

Seems like Hirst still hurting them big time ...... And that 'flood of imported synthetics' has changed market dynamics ......and the margin pressures will not go away.

And want that speech of the Chairman a shocker ....maybe the body language was more positive!

So 8 mill ....pe of 16 ....or if things go really really well a pe of 13. That's pretty generous for perennial underperformer.

Another year of value destruction coming up for CAV .....but then again Hooe is a real strategy.

Those speeches haven't done much to excite the market eh

You would have thought that headlines like
    .Cavalier sees 2014 earnings growth of up to 51 percent

Would have got the price moving ......ESP the up 51% bit

Maybe the 161 price will happen ...please