sharetrader
Page 8 of 120 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Question

I think she is a Feltex follower ???

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I think she is a Feltex follower ???
    Jim I'm with Belg on this one.
    Liz would be one of the top FA people on Sharetrader...Her posts should be highly respected. We on Sharetrader are very lucky to have these people willing to contribute to the site.

I revisited the Feltex thread and Liz entered the thread on the 14 April 2005 (page 16) at a time when Feltex was going downhill...nearly all the posts were pessimistic....interestingly it was quoted that Forbarr had an $1.53 to 1.34 revaluation and had a change from accumulation to hold at a time when Feltex chart resembled a downhill ski run with the shareprice at 77c.

Jim this is Liz's first post on that Feltex thread... plenty of valuable wisdom ..eh??

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    In my experience, brokers hardly ever turn their forecasts around overnight. Usually their valuations drift slowly down or up (more often following rather than leading market sentiment). DCF valuations are amazingly susceptible to sentiment.

As an associate of the flooring industry, I would say that FTX is a stock I never considered investing in. As an investor, one look at FTX's appalling history would convince me that the only safe time to invest is at the start of a cyclical construction upturn, not the tail end.
    Last edited by Hoop; 21-04-2012 at 10:49 AM.

Even at $2 you are paying for next years promises at next years prices

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    Check out this for wisdom - from David Mcewen's investment sheet the Mcewen investment report (MIR676)

- - -
    "Quite possibly, all the bad news is priced into the shares and there may be somegood news to come from a recovering NZ property sector, an increased prospectthat rebuilding will start in Christchurch later in the year, the need to refurbishreturn to paying decent dividends, the shares are heavily discounted and worth aSPECULATIVE BUY "
    - - -

The very next day, the shares plunged 11% to around $1.89.
    Not sure why he would make such an announcement just prior to an announcement. Must have been expecting a bounce but went against him.

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    Don Huse, a director for the last two years has resigned effective immediately.

https://www.nzx.com/companies/CAV/announcements/222269

Mr Donald William Huse has resigned as a director of Cavalier Corporation Limited, effective today.
    Mr Huse has been a director of the Company since February 2010.
    The Board takes this opportunity to thank Mr Huse for his contribution.
    The Board further advises that it will be looking at possible candidates to replace Mr Huse ahead of the Annual Meeting of shareholders in November.

Odd. I don't like it when directors resigned for no disclosed reason. Only been there two years as well. Huse is quite well regarded, ex AIAL, currently Transpower and AMP Office director. I wonder what the reason is?
    NOt a good look. Must have disagreed with the strategy going forward. Hopefully not anything more serious.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Why wont Cavalier shares stop sliding, and when are they likely to stop!? They've dropped another 4.6% today, to 1.46c, with a total drop of 31% over the past 6 weeks. If this NZ Wool services sale goes through next month, is the share price likely to increase by much, or will they not recover until they post a decent net profit?

Dear montana....after 30 years ...you learn....shares generally tend go lower than they should (fear)....and generally higher than they should....(greed)....we ALL have suffered/fallen to this phenomena....that is the nature of the MKT...look at my postings re CEN.....i.e. as someone seeking rational explaination of shareprice performance....I imagine that my postings re same have been viewed a pathetic by many........

....but as I say to those managing rental properties....if it was easy ..everyone would be doing it.......cheers....

..stay and learn....

Just ordered some Cav Brem capret for my house. Really nice product. Looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred114 View Post
    Just ordered some Cav Brem capret for my house. Really nice product. Looks good.
    Thanks for that Fred. I have just topped up my holding (as in yesterday) A few more people likeyou (as in people with good taste) and I might just get a dividend next year!

Quote Originally Posted by zigzag View Post
    Thanks for that Fred. I have just topped up my holding (as in yesterday) A few more people likeyou (as in people with good taste) and I might just get a dividend next year!
    Mind me asking your average buy in price zigzag? I bought at 2.10, anticipating that to be the trough. It's been a slippery slide ever since! What i'm really looking for is somebody to tell me that it's going to be alright. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by montana View Post
    Mind me asking your average buy in price zigzag? I bought at 2.10, anticipating that to be the trough. It's been a slippery slide ever since! What i'm really looking for is somebody to tell me that it's going to be alright. Lol.
    Would say CJ's average buy in price in excess of $50 ... a metre that is .... but then again he could have obtained at a real value price