sharetrader
    Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Default BIF - Booster Innovation Fund

Lists today 2nd March 2022

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/388191

"The Booster Innovation Fund (‘BIF’) is a managed investment fund that invests in early-stage companies founded on intellectual property originated or developed in New Zealand that are selected on the basis that they have the potential to become commercially successful globally."

DYOR.
    om mani peme hum

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    Lists today 2nd March 2022

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/388191

"The Booster Innovation Fund (‘BIF’) is a managed investment fund that invests in early-stage companies founded on intellectual property originated or developed in New Zealand that are selected on the basis that they have the potential to become commercially successful globally."

DYOR.
    It'll be interesting to see how well they can manage the Fund/ETF dual structure. I'm not sure it will be easy to pull off successfully - may well be a turnoff for some.

Almost as much of a turnoff as the performance fee on opaque valuations.

Quote Originally Posted by GTM 3442 View Post
    It'll be interesting to see how well they can manage the Fund/ETF dual structure. I'm not sure it will be easy to pull off successfully - may well be a turnoff for some.
    They have another fund, PLP, with that same structure that has been listed for a couple of years.

PLP seems to have very little activity in the NZX units, the vast majority of its inflows are invested direct with the fund manager. Maybe BIF will be different though, investors might have more incentive to sell on the NZX to avoid the 10% exit fee.

(I hold PLP, don't plan to invest in BIF.)