sharetrader
Page 14 of 122 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

pgc the best investment
    Up up and away!

It is anyones guess as to if there are any bad loans amongst the huge billion $$$ in finance receivables. Could be plenty more to knock down that NTA yet.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by bung5 View Post
    It is anyones guess as to if there are any bad loans amongst the huge billion $$$ in finance receivables. Could be plenty more to knock down that NTA yet.
    Not a guess, I'm afraid.

There are bound to be bad loans, it comes with the territory. The trick is to accurately estimate the provisions needed each year and to keep the write-offs below that figure. Then when things improve there's a write-back to boost profits. Great theory, difficult to achieve in practice!

Legend

https://www.directbroking.co.nz/Dire...spx?id=2479563

ACC is a substantial shareholder with 6% or more, I'm unsure if this holding has just been increased or decreased. This share certainly has plenty of offers on the buy side at a small discount. Nice to see.

Both PGC and PGW have this unusual stable pattern for long time..

In the case of PGC, I think the market is in wait and see mode. George Kerr is a pretty low profile operator and I dont think the wider market really has a handle on what he is all about. It all boils down to results and if PGC can show they are performing, and the caution and uncertainty fades, the share price should react accordingly, but the jury may be out for a while yet.

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    ACC is a substantial shareholder with 6% or more, I'm unsure if this holding has just been increased or decreased.
    ACC is holding. No increase or decrease reported in recent communication. Good to see NZX is beginning to have some meat in the way it communicates company disclosures now.

When do you think PGC will lose its negative watch?

Watching director buying in the twin companies, my guess is it will be spring sooner than autumn. The big picture of growing Chinese interest in the agriculture space, as well as a growing global population and improving global economy gives me confidence. NZ can continue to build on its quality agricultural commodity exporter niche.

Some past decisions these twin companies made were less auspicious, but then hindsight is the better sight. I await Norgate's foresight, vision and prescience to bear fruit, but there is still a lot of hard yards to cover. Will these companies plough on to wealth creation or will they get distracted again from their core knitting? Personally, I removed them from our negative watch after capital raising. Waiting patiently ...

Thanks Beacon,
    Lets hope it is an early spring! I think it looks promising.