sharetrader
Page 51 of 122 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    I can assure you that it most certainly won't be them, Scotty. PGC "Sell" signals fired literally years ago - and it's been in an accelerating downtrend ever since. No TA would go anywhere near junk like this - especially given the complete absence of any Buy signals.

One clue we have here is the falling On Balance Volume indicator. This indicates distribution (larger holders are selling to smaller holders). We can only assume they are selling at 33/34 cents because they fear that PGC will continue falling.

Don't think I have ever sobered up so quickly in all my life !!! Would probably pass a breath test.!! Phaedrus as always thank you for the chart.
    Last edited by percy; 03-02-2011 at 08:32 PM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    The record date for the when PGC holders will receive their BSH shares? Is it long past? I missed that. When was it?
    No,no record date has been announced. belgarion,you ask good questions,PGC directors should have given shareholders some answers,as far as I can remember we were told we would receive BSH shares in March.

Just a thought but maybe the whole idea is to pump up the volume of BSH thereby reducing the perceived value of Perpetual and its associated entities, de-list said stock, then place an offer that will be accepted by the (depleted) directorship.
    More of a concern to shareholders (other than the bath we've taken in the last year) is the recent drop in share value, as a rumored result of major investors becoming wary of GK's motives. At what stage will this be queried?

Thanks Phaedrus. I appreciate your reply and sentiments. I do have a lot of respect for your charts, work and advice and I do look at charts for help at times. However, I do think that at times when assets are seriously undervalued or ignored it is time to go on the fundermentals. This is why I have been buying PGC @ 34/36c

Regards
    SCOTTY

Actually said this one was a dog too and will probably keep going lower, I dont expect BSH shares too save S/H from losing money on the whole deal as mentioned earlier marac got lot of fleas.
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by surfersteve View Post
    Bull do you agree that unless they allocate 1/1.5 there will be no profit from buying PGC for anyone since the rights issue.
    I dont see any value in any BSH shares given to you as PGC has given its value away
    one step ahead of the herd

Advanced Member

Well the Wrightson factor comes in to play given todays news.

Bull i'm like you i don't see any value left in PGC once they've off loaded their BSH shares. Though i can't bring myself to sell. I'm hoping there's some value that i'm not seeing in the Perpetual Group.

Surfersteve i think we'll get 1 BSH share for every 5 PGC shares we hold. PGC are selling a portion of the BSH shares to institutions to help fund their "future plans", whatever they may be.

percy

with what 81 million in booty from PGW likely and a lock up agreement in place is this the Booty that sets up the bank?

or sells down debt and sets up the retail branchs.

81 million does a long way at this point.
    If you go to post 442 on this thread,and read it,then read from there on you will find you are a lot better informed,and have a better understanding of the issues.You can then do all the calculations your-self and stop others from having to repeat the exercise for you.

percy

yes i had read your posts earlier and these were excellent. brillant from scott as well. being an accounting person who designs software i was thinking about how this would look from the share ledger. i dont see any point in buying 5 shares to get one free unless the actual share prices gives me a profit. not a promise of a future profit with a lot of ifs. thats why milford sold.
    lots of ifs.10,000 PGC shares today will entitle you to 2,500 to 2650 BSH shares.You will retain your holding of PGC.At present that holds realestate loans ,PGW shares,parts of perpectual trust [including Torchlight and other funds].So what are they worth,or what they are sold for will determin what value the market will put on PGC shares.At present it looks about 1.5 cents to 7cents.At present Milford were right.However, they may end up being wrong!!!????
    Last edited by percy; 04-02-2011 at 04:13 PM.