sharetrader
Page 55 of 242 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy View Post
    oh im not doubting you mate! lol - just odd how NZX seem to not account for it on their MH divi page. how is a non-holder meant to know otherwise? :/ must need updating.
    Yeah nah no worries, did not doubt you either, just be wary about the NZX, they are pretty much useless for info I have found. Or at least you need to double check them. Understand your predicament, you would think you could at least trust the NZX.

percy

I know to check with the experts here on Sharetrader.
    Thanks for your replies.

IMO

I hope the NZX are reading this. You'd think precision and accuracy would be their maxim 100%!! .Becoming a laughing stock. Resting on their laurels due to their 20 min delay advantage, turning into yet another fake news story provider?!!!

I see MHJ as undervalued at the moment and have been purchasing. Have also owned Briscoes and HLG for a few years now.

Exiting loss making divisions will improve bottom line in the short-medium term. Growth opportunities from Canada (bigger market than AUS) is proven. Less risk of disruption than Briscoes imo and more reliable growth than all other retailers in NZ (maybe excluding KMD? don't really follow that one). I am a bit curious why they need a Chief Person Officer as well as an HR senior exec. Chief person office sounds like a redundant position if HR is doing their job and probably on a fat wicket. Would be interested to see their responsibilities.

I have confirmed with Michael Hill that their dividends are fully imputed as per their reports (have yet to recieve one). He advised he would let NZX know that their dividends have been fully imputed since the IRD matter was resolved. Obviously has not happened yet. Also dividends are in AUD which is another little bonus.
    Last edited by James108; 22-06-2018 at 09:35 AM.

Following the momo

A couple members of the NZX use to read ST, but unsure if they still do (not in their job description).

I've dug into the MHJ Dividend announcement and found all the info needed on the last page. What has happened (from how I understand it) is that the NZX has only inserted the foreign div amount and no franking credits (yellow highlighted) into their system and missed the note in 5.1 about the NZ imputation credits.

Looking at ANZ who is another ASX primary listed company (which pay their dividends in AUD and have imputation credits for NZ investors in NZD), the NZX has entered both the AUD dividend and the NZD imputation credits into their system.

Entering Dividends use to be a 3 check process (3 different people), but it seems that the NZX has dropped the ball on MHJ.

I sold all my MHJ shares about 2 years ago, and from recollection then, their divvies in the NZX have never been imputed. Just the ASX perhaps, which was one of my reasons for selling back then.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by limmy View Post
    I sold all my MHJ shares about 2 years ago, and from recollection then, their divvies in the NZX have never been imputed. Just the ASX perhaps, which was one of my reasons for selling back then.
    The ones on the NZX weren't imputed then, but they are now!

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    The ones on the NZX weren't imputed then, but they are now!
    Oh I see, perhaps I should be reinvesting in them. I've always like MHI and subsequently MHJ, and I've enjoyed good divvies and capital gain over the years from 2003 till 2016. Not to mention a 10 for 1 share split in 2007.

percy

Same store sales + 0.4%.
    Online sales 1.9% of total sales.
    A lot of work to be done .

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Same store sales + 0.4%.
    Online sales 1.9% of total sales.
    A lot of work to be done .
    What do you think of the last result?

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/1...ure-costs.html