sharetrader
Page 27 of 242 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast

I thought the same cheksta, profit up 43% from memory, div up 50%, could be expected that it may continue into the future. No movement in the market, so I'm assuming the knowledgeable people are discounting these numbers.

But I've seen the same thing before, sometimes price stays still and I scratch my head wondering why, sometimes it jumps up after a few weeks and I curse myself for not buying.

I have a theory about why MHI shareprice is stuck where it is and it may or may not be "tosh" who knows . Because the fundamentals are reasonably sound. I would suggest you can blame MHI themselves here for making their shares essentially "penny dreadfuls" and opening up their register to all and sundry fools and horses who can at last afford them but are'nt long term holders . Any thoughts here?

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by K1W1G0LD View Post
    I have a theory about why MHI shareprice is stuck where it is and it may or may not be "tosh" who knows . Because the fundamentals are reasonably sound. I would suggest you can blame MHI themselves here for making their shares essentially "penny dreadfuls" and opening up their register to all and sundry fools and horses who can at last afford them but are'nt long term holders . Any thoughts here?
    I would doubt that's the case.

NZ's market, particularly in the leaders, is dominated by institutions who would be quick to pick up any indiscriminate selling at bargain prices. I suspect it's more a case of market expectations of a sluggish retail sector, especially in the consumer discretionary category, for a while yet.

I mentioned about a year ago that I thought MHI had possibly hit bottom at 50c with a diagonal triangle ending.... would have been good if I've put my money where my mouth was - up 50% since then. The uptrend since then makes the current TA generally speaking look good , much better for instance than TEL or STU (which looks positively dreadful imo - descending triangle already broken on the downside) But even though I say MHI looks ok , it also looks a bit bear flagish and if that flag is to break.... say at 64c I'd be out in a diamond flash.

Continue to be amazed how 70 cents seems to be the rightful place for MHI ... goes up and down a bit but always seems to come back to 70 cents

Even the 5 year chart suggests 70-80 cents as its natural position ... except for a bit of irrational exhuberence around 2007 that'a where its been

Just won't stay above 70 cents will it ..... about 2 years ago it fell below 70 and there it still is

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Just won't stay above 70 cents will it ..... about 2 years ago it fell below 70 and there it still is
    But gee its holding up well in a falling market isnt it.....

The question is will it go up when the market recovers.

Another 2 months passes and MHI shareprice still about 70 cents ... 69 on Friday

Amazing eh .... but even more amazing according to the charts MHI hasn't done much worse than than NZX over the last 12 or 6 months but has better over the last 3 months

Cant stay at 70 cents forever can it
    Last edited by winner69; 18-07-2010 at 08:25 PM.

EBIT of $36.240m up 38.4% on same period last year. - EBIT of $38.579m (excluding US lease surrender costs of $2.339m expensed
    during period)
    - Net profit before tax of $30.914m up 53.4% on last year. - Net profit after tax of $26.509m.
    Last year's net profit of $66.788m included a deferred tax credit of $50.197m.
    This is a great result -- last year's profit included a deferred tax credit, so it is really up `53%, not down.
    And the divi has been increased.
    Some poor people may not have read the announcement down far enough.

Share Collector

I thought it looked pretty good - worth 90cps - $1.00 in my view. Though pity liquidity is so tight these days.