sharetrader
Page 30 of 242 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger_Danger View Post
    I don't get who Michael Hill is trying to appeal to - surely trailer park residents can't afford rings?
    TBH I always thought that was exactly who he was appealing to - he's a mass market jeweller.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Hit 80 ... finally

Will buy some now as it heads to 100 ... then 125 .... then ????

I have a pretty conservative valuation on MHI at 90c-$1 (check out previous post, and gregnz.wordpress.com). Thats essentially saying they will only grow at about 2% forever. Am looking forward to AGM, although have some ... questions about the 'incentive scheme' for Mike Parsell. Not very keen on that scheme, anyone else got any thoughts?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Hit 80 ... finally

Will buy some now as it heads to 100 ... then 125 .... then ????
    Winner, was that 70 cent buffer really bothering you that much? Coz now you have missed out on 10 cents... just dont understand your rationale here.

Advanced Member

I agree , was available around 67c for ages , why not just buy then if you liked the stock.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    W69 always checks with the tea ladies and if they don't have good stuff to say he backs off.
    Winner, Im not baiting, im genuinly interested. Is it a TA thing you have or do you feel more comfortable buying on the up out of the range as it were? I think MHI has a way to go but that is just my humble opinion. And a EMH fan would say I know as much as my neighbour

MHI jumped up from around 71c on 7th october to 82c today, a climb of about 17% in 3 weeks. I'd love to blame my valuation affecting the markets, but the only time I affect the markets is either when I buy (and prices drop like a stone) or when I sell (and prices climb like the space shuttle). Anybody got any thoughts as to the timing of the climb?

cheers
    Greg

76 was the magical number .... MHI had never closed above that for the last 2 years .... every time it went over 70 it met resitance at 74/75/76 and then feel back .... 2 years plus is a long time to essentially go nowhere ... opportunities elsewhere during that time I say

Now that Kim has caused the shackles to be broken MHI might go uo to where most think it should .... buy when the behaviour past trends have been broken I say .... but with tight stops

Kim might know more than the tea lady ..... maybe pillow talk better than tea leaves ... wishful thinking eh

Bit difficult getting a fair chunk ... hope don't need to sell in a hurry if this just a burst of irrationality

Advanced Member

Hey winner , Michael hill has been slagging you off behind your back.

Jewellery magnate Michael Hill challenged "wimp shareholders" yesterday to sell their stock if they were only in the company for short-term gain...

Guru

I like the bit about Michael and Kim going on tour together