sharetrader
Page 40 of 242 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by janner View Post
    Nothing wrong with being contrarian Sparky.. Do you really think that the Aussie economy will improve over the next two years ??..

I do not..
    Aussie PMI is terrible.
    http://www.businessinsider.com.au/au...ing-pmi-2013-7

percy

Well the banner on the way out of Auckland airport is a masterpiece.
    The bride showing off her wedding ring and answering the question "where did you get the ring?" Michael Hill.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Hi CJ, I think it is a bit simplistic to have a view on retail and tarnish everyone with the same brush.
    Just asking as it isn't a stock I follow. They do look to be doing well given the current environment.

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    Being contrarian. If trans-tasman retail is being slapped around right now due to Australian softness, then obviously its cheap and if I'm holding for a year or two I'll see some sunshine.

I'm picking growth will come from cyclical gains as the economy improves in Australia,plus overall gains from the new PCP revenue streams - as high as 40% of all sales are now also gaining PCP revenue.
    interesting. I would have though you would be looking at sectors which are currently in a growth stage and trying and timing of the growth in the retail cycle. Hard to do I admit so was wonder if you had seen something that made you start looking at MHI and Pumpkin patch. I note WHS and Briscoes has done well over the past year so I wonder if this is a sign people are starting to spend more, even if it is at the bottom end of the market.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Hi CJ, I think it is a bit simplistic to have a view on retail and tarnish everyone with the same brush.
    Just asking as it isn't a stock I follow. They do look to be doing well given the current environment.

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    Being contrarian. If trans-tasman retail is being slapped around right now due to Australian softness, then obviously its cheap and if I'm holding for a year or two I'll see some sunshine.

I'm picking growth will come from cyclical gains as the economy improves in Australia,plus overall gains from the new PCP revenue streams - as high as 40% of all sales are now also gaining PCP revenue.
    interesting. I would have though you would be looking at sectors which are currently in a growth stage and trying and timing of the growth in the retail cycle. Hard to do I admit so was wonder if you had seen something that made you start looking at MHI and Pumpkin patch. I note WHS and Briscoes has done well over the past year so I wonder if this is a sign people are starting to spend more, even if it is at the bottom end of the market.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Another solid result from MHI.

Still adding stores which guarantees future growth

Can't complain about this chart in a pretty classy presentation
    Attached Images Attached Images

Guru

Yeah I agree Winner. Have held onto these for a few years now and have no reason whatsoever to complain. Their revenue in Canada is increasing at a fast rate and in difficult conditions in NZ and AUS they have done exceedingly well. To increase profits by nearly 10% and seemingly no impediment to continuing to do so this one will remain firmly fixed in my portfolio.

I'm very happy with another positive result.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotto View Post
    Just what it says ... possibility that MHI will have to pay a lot of tax and in future the tax bill will more than the last couple of years ... ie reduced profits after tax

Guru

This is not anything new. Has been known by quite a lot of ppl for a long time now. So no immediate dent in the shareprice... Maybe holding it back until there is some certainty?