sharetrader
Page 48 of 242 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast

Many thanks blackcap. If I read you correctly, 'doing nothing' and ending up with asx shares is the better option? Cheers.
    scamper

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by scamper View Post
    Many thanks blackcap. If I read you correctly, 'doing nothing' and ending up with asx shares is the better option? Cheers.
    Im not 100% sure on that one. Everyone's situation is different, but for most kiwi holders I do not think its going to make that much of a difference either way. I think you can still have MHI shares tradeable on the NZX if you wish but there may be real liquidity issues there although the "arbitrage" opportunities should keep prices reasonable in line.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    I think it will be ok for its primary listing to be in Australia. Now that they are going ahead with Emma and Roe and by all accounts it is cheaper to roll out than existing MHI stores and just as profitable this could be a huge growth opportunity.
    Also the NZ subsidiary will need to pay income taxes, which will generate imputation credits which the Australian parent company can attach to dividends paid to NZ resident investors.... so surely that is a good thing from a tax point of view as currently they do not pay imputed dividends.
    Either way the only concern about a primary listing in Australia is that liquidity may become even less (spread amongst 2 exchanges) but other than that I do not have any problems with the arrangement.
    I agree with you blackcap. I'm most interested in the potential of Emma and Roe. Only two brokers appear to follow the stock (according to 4traders) and it seems have been off the radar and potentially undervalued in recent years, given it still has significant growth potential in Canada and now with Emma and Roe. Any thoughts on that from others in the ST community???

Any one has an idea why there seems to be a trade freeze on MHI?

Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    Any one has an idea why there seems to be a trade freeze on MHI?
    You are now a shareholder in an Australian company be listed on the ASX

Starts trading again next week sometime i believe
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    You are now a shareholder in an Australian company be listed on the ASX

Starts trading again next week sometime i believe
    Oh, I see. Thanks

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by scamper View Post
    Presumably dividends paid by the now Australian Michael Hill International with its main listing on the ASX will become part of a NZ taxpayer's "Overseas Income" even if you own the NZX-listed shares? As with dividends from the NZX listing of the Westpac etc? Is that correct?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Presumably dividends paid by the now Australian Michael Hill International with its main listing on the ASX will become part of a NZ taxpayer's "Overseas Income" even if you own the NZX-listed shares? As with dividends from the NZX listing of the Westpac etc? Is that correct?
    Things looking better and better.

https://nzx.com/files/attachments/239092.pdf

It has opened strongly in Australia as well with bids at 1.15 or 1.21 NZ equivalent. I see a trade has gone through in NZ at $1.31 but that may be a "rogue" trade!

Well maybe I was wrong. The Aussies do seem to value a good growth company more than the kiwis. Bid at 1.24 in Australia and going through at 1.25 which does equate to 1.31 in NZ
    Last edited by blackcap; 07-07-2016 at 03:22 PM.

Guru

Bid 136 In Australia now which makes that a 144 equivalent NZ. This has really taken off, maybe the Fat Prophets buy recommendation has helped, as has the listing in Australia. Nice move the last 3 months.

Guru

So no one going to talk about this stock with a 50% gain in the last 4 months?

Interesting that a move to the Australian exchange has been a catalyst for a re-rating. Lets hope for the NZX's sake that not more companies decide to go this route....