sharetrader
Page 49 of 242 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    So no one going to talk about this stock with a 50% gain in the last 4 months?

Interesting that a move to the Australian exchange has been a catalyst for a re-rating. Lets hope for the NZX's sake that not more companies decide to go this route....
    The move of the primary listing to the ASX does seem to have given a boost to the SP, perhaps because more Australians have become comfortable with investing in an "Australian" company. This is a pity for developing a NZ share market with a greater capitalisation. I repeat what I said in April in my post at #466

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    The move of the primary listing to the ASX does seem to have given a boost to the SP, perhaps because more Australians have become comfortable with investing in an "Australian" company. This is a pity for developing a NZ share market with a greater capitalisation. I repeat what I said in April in my post at #466
    Agree with what you said in that post. I think that and coupled with being listed in Australia now its on the radar of the Australian researchers and just recently Fat Prophets have put a buy on this stock. I did expect a marginal lift in stock price but not this much. I am presuming (perhaps incorrectly) that this stock will also now be able to give franking credits in Australia, which will make it more attractive to the Australian investor....
    That said not complaining about the move just miffed by the ferocity and scope.

It's grown steadily for so long, I guess it's become too familiar to be appreciated by NZ investors - seemed very cheap a few months ago. Still room for new stores over the ditch - plus plenty of potential in Canada and added possibilities from Emma and Roe

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHorse View Post
    It's grown steadily for so long, I guess it's become too familiar to be appreciated by NZ investors - seemed very cheap a few months ago. Still room for new stores over the ditch - plus plenty of potential in Canada and added possibilities from Emma and Roe
    Thats the thing DarkHorse, there is so much room for growth and it is all organic, or better put, funded from cashflow. I do not see why they were so discounted a few months ago. Same store sales keep growing too... unbelievable.
    Last edited by blackcap; 22-08-2016 at 01:56 PM.

Guru

Up to $1.61 now. I cannot for the life of me think that the re-rating has happened just because of the Australian Listing?? Anyone else out there venture something different? Because if that is the case, surely there would be a rush to list one's stock on the ASK rather than NZ?
    I know Michael Hill have most of their revenues across the ditch so it makes a lot of sense but still, and volumes are huge compared to what they were pre ASX listing.
    I see ACC have decided to sell so maybe its some buyers across the ditch purchasing the ACC stake in bundles and things will die down again once that is over?

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Up to $1.61 now. I cannot for the life of me think that the re-rating has happened just because of the Australian Listing?? Anyone else out there venture something different? Because if that is the case, surely there would be a rush to list one's stock on the ASK rather than NZ?
    I know Michael Hill have most of their revenues across the ditch so it makes a lot of sense but still, and volumes are huge compared to what they were pre ASX listing.
    I see ACC have decided to sell so maybe its some buyers across the ditch purchasing the ACC stake in bundles and things will die down again once that is over?
    I sold out the day before the report last week. I can't justify the share price being anywhere near what it is although I'm very conservative with all my valuations and only really buy into value situations.

Their growth prospects with emma and roe are sound but the medium term growth prospects seem to be well and truly priced at the moment.

Super Investor

Quote Originally Posted by benjitara View Post
    I sold out the day before the report last week. I can't justify the share price being anywhere near what it is although I'm very conservative with all my valuations and only really buy into value situations.

Their growth prospects with emma and roe are sound but the medium term growth prospects seem to be well and truly priced at the moment.
    Good call.
    I've followed MHJ since 2010 but never invested. Can't see what the fuss is all about. MHJ no different now than what it was in 2010.
    h2

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by benjitara View Post

Well done. I do see good growth with MHI and its organic so I am holding for the moment. But this surge from $1.00 to $1.61 has come at such a pace and that is what I am querying. Nothing has changed as far as I can see in the last few years and I am sure its not the latest report that has given the stock the spurt.
    At $1.00 I thought they were a bargain, not too sure what to think at these prices. Reasonably high forward looking PE now but the Canada situation is looking very good, that market could get as big as Australia and then who knows what Emma and Roe will do. Time will tell.

Handsome Member

Any ideas why this SP keeps going up? They have done nothing outstanding Imo yet the price keeps rising. Anyone has ideas on why this is the case? Or is it just that they have more punters on the ASX?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post
    Any ideas why this SP keeps going up? They have done nothing outstanding Imo yet the price keeps rising. Anyone has ideas on why this is the case? Or is it just that they have more punters on the ASX?
    Pretty much exposed to a totally new market... that is the ASX. One of the analysts there, Fat Prophets, rated them a buy when they first listed in Australia. Quite scare as this may be the catalyst for more NZ stocks moving bourses.....