sharetrader
Page 185 of 242 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195235 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 2416

Always a good sign when the CEO files an Appendix 7Y with a greater interest disclosed

Skin in the game and all that crap supposedly means they work harder and better
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Always a good sign when the CEO files an Appendix 7Y with a greater interest disclosed

Skin in the game and all that crap supposedly means they work harder and better
    Or they buy thinking most people will think the above and start buying and pushing the price up, then sell to pay for a new deck/car etc etc

Just an administrative 'oversight' - bad Emily - make sure never happens again

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...684/376199.pdf

Guru

Winner() do we expect massive performance results ?

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzing View Post
    Winner() do we expect massive performance results ?
    If they manage a few ‘oversights’ maybe npat of $54m

That be good

But hope they haven’t overlooked the $90m in the bank …but ‘oversight’ etc might be part of company culture …that’s a worry

Guru

It appears they dont want to part with some of the 90...

Rob knows that a special DIV is really the best option right now and a BIG one!!

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    If they manage a few ‘oversights’ maybe npat of $54m

That be good

But hope they haven’t overlooked the $90m in the bank …but ‘oversight’ etc might be part of company culture …that’s a worry
    We were expecting about $40m weren't we?
    And not a lot of growth.

Quote Originally Posted by clearasmud View Post
    We were expecting about $40m weren't we?
    And not a lot of growth.
    maybe $48m?? aus. but happy to run with Winners $54m

A comment from someone who doesn't do much of research like most of the people here (mainly as I prefer index funds and go back to work as Warren Buffet suggest). However as having invested in MHJ since 2013 at $1.28 share value hasn't really done much if we compare to other companies.

It isn't a substantial amount that I couldn't live without it but almost 10 years after it makes me think:

-Is this a long term one?.
    -Should just make the most of the ups and downs? (I don't consider myself a trader).
    -Aside from covid hasn't fluctuated much, which was an unexpected event and nothing to do with usual market behaviour (unless I miss something).
    -As it isn't a big dividend payer, like better options out there why do we hold it?.

Again, being curious/thinking lately and seems their digital strategy is a bit slow, took I don't know how long to resolve the IRD dispute and still unsure if it was a good decision to exit the US but maybe it was. And in this specific point it made me think exactly how MFT persisted in Australia until they had found out their way.

As I said at the beginning I don't do the deep research as the majority here and now with a new baby likely to keep without changes.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by MauroNZ View Post
    A comment from someone who doesn't do much of research like most of the people here (mainly as I prefer index funds and go back to work as Warren Buffet suggest). However as having invested in MHJ since 2013 at $1.28 share value hasn't really done much if we compare to other companies.

It isn't a substantial amount that I couldn't live without it but almost 10 years after it makes me think:

-Is this a long term one?.
    -Should just make the most of the ups and downs? (I don't consider myself a trader).
    -Aside from covid hasn't fluctuated much, which was an unexpected event and nothing to do with usual market behaviour (unless I miss something).
    -As it isn't a big dividend payer, like better options out there why do we hold it?.

Again, being curious/thinking lately and seems their digital strategy is a bit slow, took I don't know how long to resolve the IRD dispute and still unsure if it was a good decision to exit the US but maybe it was. And in this specific point it made me think exactly how MFT persisted in Australia until they had found out their way.

As I said at the beginning I don't do the deep research as the majority here and now with a new baby likely to keep without changes.
    Note they recently changed their dividend payout policy - are now a much bigger dividend payer, hence why the interim dividend payment back in March was 3.5c instead of the previous 1.5c they usually offered. Now it is set to be between 50-75% of net income, but with allowance to sometimes go above or below this range as circumstances dictate.

I personally would wait until the upcoming earnings before making any changes, but thats just me.

They are doing very well in Canada now, and company wide run a much leaner efficient operation than even just a few years ago, and this is with tens of thousands of lost store days to covid closures.

Have a browse of the recent trading updates etc at least to reacquaint yourself if you haven’t already. https://www.nzx.com/companies/MHJ/announcements