sharetrader
Page 166 of 242 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176216 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 2416

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzing View Post

SP just slipped below 1.20.
    That's on the ASX waltz .... I fell into that trap as well
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzing View Post
    RAWS; "MHJ a buy when it holds $100m cash on the balance sheet."

its a worry what they are going to do with it. A big worry.
    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Nothing worse than a company (with big egos?) with mountains of cash

Cash burns holes in one’s pockets they say …no doubt most of the $100m will be frittered away ….wasted on some grandiose initiative.
    I think we need to give the good people at MHJ a bit more credit.. Daniel Bracken (CEO) joined Nov 2018 and together with his buddy, Andrew Lowe (CFO) they have overseen a very prudent restructure of the company. They closed 27 stores and have been great custodians of the balance sheet taking borrowings from -$27m to a cash pile of $100m (ish) in this time. This is whilst navigating an unprecedented global pandemic.

They have worked very hard to build that war chest and I dont think they are going to spend it willy nilly on some grand acquisition. It doesnt fit the profile and historic actions of management.
    I am guessing it is going to be a small bolt on acquisition in a new market that they can grow.

The cash pile is worth about 25 cents. remove that and MHJ is trading on 7.7 p/e. It is cheap and maybe it deserves to be given the cost of living crisis... maybe not.. people thought MHJ wouldnt sell any jewelry during the lock downs yet MHJ time after time surprised the market and produced amazing numbers. People now saying customers are only ever going to buy consumer staples.. MHJ will continue to sell trinkets folks.. you better believe it. There is always another birthday, engagement, anniversary, wedding and no matter how much Beagle tells you a can of baked beans from the WHS is the new gift for todays times.. I can promise you its not lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post

The cash pile is worth about 25 cents. remove that and MHJ is trading on 7.7 p/e.
    That Signet we been mentioning (SIG.NYSE) has sales of US$7.8 bilion and $735m profit

That trades on a trailing PE of 5.7 and forward PE of 6.1

Makes MHJ expensive lol ..... but maybe it's just that the world is not really attracted to jewellers as an investment

And SIG are returning zillions to shareholders to sort of their balance sheet

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    That Signet we been mentioning (SIG.NYSE) has sales of US$7.8 bilion and $735m profit

That trades on a trailing PE of 5.7 and forward PE of 6.1

Makes MHJ expensive lol ..... but maybe it's just that the world is not really attracted to jewellers as an investment

And SIG are returning zillions to shareholders to sort of their balance sheet
    I dont know anything about this SIG co. Sounds like a deal lol

Anyways.. yes jewelers... tough gig right now. Maybe it gets way oversold like during covid? then I can get another 3-4 bagger

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    I dont know anything about this SIG co. Sounds like a deal lol

Anyways.. yes jewelers... tough gig right now. Maybe it gets way oversold like during covid? then I can get another 3-4 bagger
    You should an eye on SIG.NYSE updates to get a feel for the North America (including Canada) markets

Canada the guts of MHJ going forward eh .... without Canada they going nowhere

Guru

In the DARK ages and some might say in parts of europe a new Dark age has reappeared; the Celts were busy as ever making trinkets and maybe in times of trouble people actually feel better wearing it!!!

One arts historian and commentator even decided that the Dark Ages were not so Dark because of the quality of the Jewellery being crafted.

Waldemar Januszczak.

Mothers Day good for Michael Hill in this part of the world …..prob helped last month in other parts.

Advanced Member

hard to find hard data on this, but I recall hearing quite a bit about how the wedding industry is ramping back up now globally with a big surge due to many weddings having been delayed over the last couple of years now going ahead in 2022 & 2023. Can definitely see this in NZ & OZ as many waited until borders were reopened for overseas guests, and for local gathering limits to be removed.

I have no idea how much business jewelers get from wedding band sets (and engagement rings I guess), but I presume its substantial.
    Last edited by LaserEyeKiwi; 03-05-2022 at 11:03 AM.

Guru

This is not a BUY right now .. wait for a 100....

NOT a BUY...

They arnt going to pay a special...no buyback.. no new stores...

Nothing to see here... nothing.. NADA
    Last edited by Waltzing; 05-05-2022 at 01:32 PM.

Guru

Strong day in MHJ.

what on earth are the retail investors thinking. Inflation fires everywhere all over the globe.

This is a terrible risk.

There will be NO increase in the DIV.