sharetrader
Page 176 of 245 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186226 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 2449
    Legend

374722.pdf (nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com)

Michael Hill International Limited (ASX/NZX: MHJ) is pleased to provide its trading update for the year ended 26 June2022.

KEY POINTS

• Continued positive quarterly sales growth – For the quarter, all store sales were up 17.0% and same store sales were up 2.1% against prior year.• Strong full year sales – For the year, all store sales were up 7.3% (with lost store trading days of ~10,000 in both FY21 and FY22) and same store sales were up 8.0%, against prior year.

• Sustained margin expansion – For the year, margin improvement has continued with a lift of between 150 to 350bps in all markets and channels against FY21. • Strong EBIT growth – The Company anticipates a FY22 Group comparable EBIT of between $60m to $63m(FY21: $56.6m).

• Record digital sales – Omni-channel initiatives continue to deliver strong growth, resulting in another record year,with sales exceeding $40m, an increase of 23% on prior year. Digital sales now represent 7.1% of total sales(FY21: 6.3%).

• Brilliance by Michael Hill – The loyalty program, a key enabler for growth, now exceeds 1.4 million members.

• Strong balance sheet – Disciplined working capital management maintained throughout the year with no adverse supply chain impacts on stock levels, and a healthy net cash position at year end of ~$95m (FY21: $72.4m).

• Store portfolio management – Three under-performing stores permanently closed in Australia during the quarter,with a network total of 280 stores across all markets at the end of the year (FY21: 285).
    Last edited by Sideshow Bob; 15-07-2022 at 08:35 AM.

Advanced Member

BOOM!

$592.5 Million AUD in full year revenue. (Solid beat on my $580m estimate)

$60m-$63m AUD EBIT

The Canada performance - OH MY!

Amazing result..... well done MHJ.

O Canada!
    MHJ home and new native land
    True jewelry love in all of us command.
    With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
    The NEW MHJ strong and free!
    From far and wide.
    O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.
    God keep our product glorious and not free!
    O Canada, we stand on jewelry for thee.

FY22 NPAT $48M?

DISPPOINTING!

$592.5 Million AUD in full year revenue. (Lot less than my $600m plus a lot)

$60m-$63m AUD EBIT - that's this thing called 'Comparable EBIT, wonder if real NPAT will be higher than F21?

The Canada performance - OH MY! -- AWESOME, just as well

LEK me ol mate - suppose my glasses aren't as rose tinted as yours ..... and hope you enthusiasm feeds through to the market and share price heads to 150
    Last edited by winner69; 15-07-2022 at 09:03 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

rawz asked FY22 NPAT $48M?

That be good - especially compared to a RESTATED F21 number they'll come up with

come on winner grinner... its all good this result. LEK and i told you revenue wouldnt be over $600m. so for us its a great result

That EBIT figure initially confused me so i didnt over think it and rather take comfort in knowing that sales are UP and margins are UP so profit must be???

Cash on the balance sheet is $95m OMG. Thats 25 cents per share. Back that out and MHJ is trading on a 7.6 P/E... and Canada is on a wicked growth path. Could be as big as aussie one day.

Its a buy!

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    come on winner grinner... its all good this result. LEK and i told you revenue wouldnt be over $600m. so for us its a great result

That EBIT figure initially confused me so i didnt over think it and rather take comfort in knowing that sales are UP and margins are UP so profit must be???

Cash on the balance sheet is $95m OMG. Thats 25 cents per share. Back that out and MHJ is trading on a 7.6 P/E... and Canada is on a wicked growth path. Could be as big as aussie one day.

Its a buy!
    Pretty solid performance under current macro economic environment. Canada is shining like a bright maple leaf...

Guru

look some investors have been with this share through cold ice ages and now bathing in the warm glow of a hot tropical summer when the rest of the world is entering a new ice age.....

congratulation to those who loved the adverts on Rialto channel.......

praise be hallelujah....

back to 170....

when it comes to predicting the results of celtic art sales not any one investor has any idea what there sales is going to be unless you have access to the gold booty bag.

You can use probability though .... how many quarters of growth is that now..

really got to increase the DIV else the market will be in hissy tissy street...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePFlovNhPtw
    Last edited by Waltzing; 15-07-2022 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post

Its a buy!
    OK - on reflection a really good result for a business that's struggling in AU and NZ buy buoyed by Canada .... and hopefully Canada sales will grow even faster next year than the 36% they did this year

ANZ going backwards and Canada growing just reinforces the need to use the $100m to get more growth ..... else when Canada starts maturing they'll be back to where they were a couple of years ago (like going nowhere)

Any hope market sees it as a tremendous effort and rewards them accordingly

Guru

if (Winner(n) () NZ.PercentageSales !< 0)
    {
    Result = 'Not less than Zero';
    Brokers.outlook = 'BUY';
    }

else

{

Brokers.outlook = 'SELL';
    }
    Last edited by Waltzing; 15-07-2022 at 09:57 AM.