sharetrader
Page 241 of 245 FirstFirst ... 141191231237238239240241242243244245 LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 2449

SP stuffed now. Big downtrend. Company struggling in climate (like all retailers). Wonder how low it will go

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    SP stuffed now. Big downtrend. Company struggling in climate (like all retailers). Wonder how low it will go
    Asked myself whether MHJ have ever been good …ever lived up to the hype they churn out.

Performance wise over the last 10 years answer is NO

Share price wise only 2020 through 2021 ……when you made a killing ……well done, even if it was luck

You going to havecanother go? Hoping the market will get excited força year or so before the inevitable let down.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Asked myself whether MHJ have ever been good …ever lived up to the hype they churn out.

Share price wise only 2020 through 2021 ……when you made a killing ……well done, even if it was luck

You going to havecanother go? Hoping the market will get excited força year or so before the inevitable let down.
    They did alright recently with their covid windfalls. Made lots of cash.. bought some shares back, paid some divs, bought a business even.

They didnt completely pi$$ it into the wind like say WHS did with the market and T7 blowing up.

MHJ will always be on the watch list for another lucky 2020-2021 period. No doubt it will come around again. MHJ been in business coming up 40 years. Just need to be patient and watch

They were very good prior to that when they were expanding into Australia and subsequently into Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    They did alright recently with their covid windfalls. Made lots of cash.. bought some shares back, paid some divs, bought a business even.

They didnt completely pi$$ it into the wind like say WHS did with the market and T7 blowing up.

MHJ will always be on the watch list for another lucky 2020-2021 period. No doubt it will come around again. MHJ been in business coming up 40 years. Just need to be patient and watch
    That was a good trade …you really a trader eh as opposed to an investor

I like your approach though …cheap companies with good news are the ones and a far better bet than those who keep churning out bad news
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Retail is a tough business. How often do you hear about these big brand names going into liquidation? Usually because they dont pivot to the new trends. online, click and collect, virtual shopping etc.
    Like when Blockbuster had serious competition from netflix it diudnt pivot it instead tried to defend its current model by selling candy in their stores....

MHJ to their credit have shrunk their brick and mortar store footprint and expanded their online business.
    Additionally they opened up new brands like Medley to get their share of the fake jewelry sector.

MHJ been around awhile like i say and i feel like they will survive and punters will get the chance to make heaps of money again on this cyclical

That was a good trade …you really a trader eh as opposed to an investor

I like your approach though …cheap companies with good news are the ones and a far better bet than those who keep churning out bad news
    No lol. I invested for the big dividends from strong cashflows and i collected them. Then the situation changed so i exit

Legend

Remember the Deferred dividend payment episode out of this mob ?

Guru

This stock will probably always be a trade ... you need some fun stocks in a market...

"For the first seven weeks of FY24H2, Group sales(including Bevilles) are up 9.5% on prior year, with theMichael Hill Australia retail business driving theimprovement in performance against FY24H1:• Australian segment sales (including Bevilles) +19.6%• New Zealand segment sales -9.2%• Canadian segment sales -0.9%• External transactional sales data demonstrates that boththe Group and the Michael Hill brand continue to takemarket share"

looks like Rob F has taken the oppo to go around with a knife and get ride the of middle management and the dead wood....

move out of the new building and move into a warehouse...

NZ -9.2 ....

Nice concept store ... but think that to cut costs the team moves into a loft....

mhjs.JPG
    Last edited by Waltzing; 29-02-2024 at 07:30 PM.

Legend

Back to 50-60c levels soon ?

On most recent Div & Performances announcements those sort of levels must be within reach again