sharetrader
Page 29 of 242 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Its annoying, i had a buy order in overnight and the sales announcement means i missed out on being filled. Am already a holder so i suppose its good really

Guru

lol @ Belgs comment. Im hoping this sales announcement will tip it over that 70 cent mark from some time to come. This is very strong considering it is ex div time. Not that the div is large but 2.5 is not to be sneezed at. Great to see US and Can contributing. Maybe turned the corner there....

Guru

Still a big IF there Belg, but if they can get the formula right in US and Canada like they have in NZ and IF they can get their brand established there well then anything is possible with this share. IF these IFs come in I can see MHI at $10 in 3-5 years time but that is still the question for now.

Default My new MHI valuation

Hi guys,

following up on the XRO valuation I did a month or so ago, I've done a new summary and valuation of Michael Hill.

I've changed the format, added in the summary section, and performed a simple growth discounted cash flow to produce a per-share value. I'm really interested in getting feedback about this doc, ie, is this useful? Any thoughts for improvements appreciated too.

check it out at http://gregnz.wordpress.com, and I'll see you at the AGM!

cheers
    Greg

Hi gregrday, I am just wondering what growth rate for cash flow, what cash flow (FCF, Op CF ?), and what discount you have assumed and why?
    Cheers, Forest.

Hi Forest,
    its all in the pdf on the blog, but basically I'm trying to work out whether shares are under or over valued. So growth rate was assumed to be a stable growth rate, cash flow was free cash flow to the firm, and discounted at 10% (WACC from PWC). The growth rate wasn't really that important, in almost any scenario, the shares appear to be trading at a significant discount.

check out the pdf, let me know if more questions, or any thoughts on improving the doc...

cheers
    Greg

Guru

Hi Winner,

Now that it seems to have "held" about 70 cents, are you revising your predictions with regards to MHI?

Cheers

Advanced Member

Kim Kardashian seems to have ended up with most of the shareholders money. Has M Hill reached that stage in life where he starts giving away all the money to young women?
    Last edited by ratkin; 19-10-2010 at 05:12 PM.

Default Kim Kardashian?

I don't get who Michael Hill is trying to appeal to - surely trailer park residents can't afford rings?
    ----
    Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
    ----

the chart is the best it's been for a year -- 75 c and holding.
    is mhi in for a run?
    global economics rather argue against it.

poor ol' scamper has never heard of kim k-whatever. what have i missed?
    Last edited by scamper; 22-10-2010 at 12:24 PM.