sharetrader
Page 50 of 242 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast
    Handsome Member

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Pretty much exposed to a totally new market... that is the ASX. One of the analysts there, Fat Prophets, rated them a buy when they first listed in Australia. Quite scare as this may be the catalyst for more NZ stocks moving bourses.....
    Yeah scary for sure, will be interesting times when TIL gets on there. Not saying that MJH isnt a good company but TIL would be "very" interesting

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post
    Yeah scary for sure, will be interesting times when TIL gets on there. Not saying that MJH isnt a good company but TIL would be "very" interesting
    I could be wrong but the volume in MHJ seems to have appreciated considerably since its Australian listing. So a lot more interest shown from over there and a lot of the crossing going on here in NZ will be buyers from Australia purchasing from NZ holders in arbitrage type plays. I did see ACC had decided to reduce its stake and considering the rapid price in crease I can understand that. I bought some at 94 cents a few months ago and am wondering whether I should take some off the table too.
    Also now they have paid the tax bill they should be able to pass on NZ imputation credits with dividends and their latest sales growth looks promising so this all adds weight to the increase in share price.

Guru

This outfit has just become a SSH...

https://www.bennelongfunds.com/

The recent price surge now surely down to Australian institutional interest.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    This outfit has just become a SSH...

https://www.bennelongfunds.com/

The recent price surge now surely down to Australian institutional interest.
    "Discovered" - and now telling us the good news.

https://www.livewiremarkets.com/wires/33753

Can anyone explain the large drop today? First quarter figures OK and no trading news over last few weeks.

What's up with MHJ

Now 135 - wasn't that long it was pushing 200

Almost back to pre ASX listing price
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    What's up with MHJ

Now 135 - wasn't that long it was pushing 200

Almost back to pre ASX listing price
    This stock outran its fundamentals by a large margin in my calculations...
    I bought in at 85 sold at 1.57 and wouldn't buy in until around the 95 cent mark as of now either...

Good growth stock possibly but that growth will not happen overnight as the stock price suggested in my humble opinion

Yeah I was wondering the same thing why it dropped 10% in a day. Doesn't seem to be any single event that caused the price to suddenly drop, however agree with benjitara that the price ran ahead of its long term valuation.
    In saying that, I do like its medium to long term growth prospects. Seems to be reaching saturation/maturity in Aus and NZ but from the looks of things they've cracked the formula in Canada and should be able to roll new stores out full steam, and beginning to turn things around in the US

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by vici View Post
    Yeah I was wondering the same thing why it dropped 10% in a day. Doesn't seem to be any single event that caused the price to suddenly drop, however agree with benjitara that the price ran ahead of its long term valuation.
    In saying that, I do like its medium to long term growth prospects. Seems to be reaching saturation/maturity in Aus and NZ but from the looks of things they've cracked the formula in Canada and should be able to roll new stores out full steam, and beginning to turn things around in the US
    Pretty much what you say sums up my thoughts. I think the initial exuberance was due to the Australian listing effect etc and also some good numbers. But I will not be selling, long term if NZ and AUS continue to provide good margins and Canada and the US get moving this could become rather large. Nice also that new stores are being rolled out organically and from existing cash flow. Emma and Roe could be the icing on the cake if that takes off....

Would anybody be able to help shed some light on the tax situation of this company. The 2016 annual report says that "the final dividend will be fully franked and imputed" however it appears that no imputation credits are attached.