sharetrader
Page 56 of 242 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by MauroNZ View Post
    What do you think of the last result?

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/1...ure-costs.html
    The fizz has gone out of the bottle.
    Trying to get it back into the bottle may prove hard and costly.
    Online sales will possibly work,but they are now years behind their competition,and starting from a very low base.
    Maybe unfair, but they look to be a "turn around" business.
    Turn arounds usually take longer and cost more than originally thought.Often they do not work.
    We must remember management have made a few bad costly calls,so why should they get it right this time.?
    So it could work,but their only real growth is coming from Canada.
    Their success or failure will come from their largest make,Australia.At present time they are struggling there.
    Last edited by percy; 27-08-2018 at 12:38 PM.

I hardly think they are a "turn around" case. Their continuing operations are very successful and they have proved up their growth in Canada, which is a larger market than Aus - although they do not seem to be targeting all of it at the moment. I see the shares as good value with one caveat below.

What concerns me is the unexplained $10m increase in corporate costs, I could understand this being temporary due to the relatively large change that has been undertaken this year - However if overheads have permanently increased by $10m it would be a bit concerning. Hopefully some 'colour' is provided around this in the conference call.
    Last edited by James108; 27-08-2018 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by James108 View Post
    I hardly think they are a "turn around" case. Their continuing operations are very successful and they have proved up their growth in Canada, which is a larger market than Aus - although they do not seem to be targeting all of it at the moment. I see the shares as good value with one caveat below.

What concerns me is the unexplained $10m increase in corporate costs, I could understand this being temporary due to the relatively large change that has been undertaken this year - However if overheads have permanently increased by $10m it would be a bit concerning. Hopefully some 'colour' is provided around this in the conference call.
    Possibly large amounts spent on that strategy to reposition themselves from a traditional retailer to a differentiated omnichannel brand

Strategic initiatives mirror The Warehouse .....MHJ and Warehouse execs and advisors must have gone to sale management school

Pretty week plan on paper .....all depends on execution eh ...but putting on a few more expensive managers to help them do this

Does Rob Fyfe still ‘mentor’ the newish CEO?

Will be leaving NHJ on the watch list ...but my love of retail will see me watching developments closely
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Possibly large amounts spent on that strategy to reposition themselves from a traditional retailer to a differentiated omnichannel brand

Strategic initiatives mirror The Warehouse .....MHJ and Warehouse execs and advisors must have gone to sale management school

Pretty week plan on paper .....all depends on execution eh ...but putting on a few more expensive managers to help them do this

Does Rob Fyfe still ‘mentor’ the newish CEO?

Will be leaving NHJ on the watch list ...but my love of retail will see me watching developments closely
    MHJ and WHS are my two retail holdings, I was wrongly thinking that MHJ wouldn't go the same path. I think I will give 6 months and see.

percy

MHJ and WHS are my two retail holdings, I was wrongly thinking that MHJ wouldn't go the same path. I think I will give 6 months and see.
    Oh dear...……………………………………………...

In those two cases I would be more concerned about the return of your money than the return on your money. Especially with WHS I would be running as fast as I could and looking for greener pastures.

Quote Originally Posted by Patient Panda View Post
    In those two cases I would be more concerned about the return of your money than the return on your money. Especially with WHS I would be running as fast as I could and looking for greener pastures.
    Thanks Panda, that is on my thoughts however I couldn't decide what to buy yet.

Share price below a buck and sinking to multi year lows

Punters not like the story or something

The story must have pretty good when punters drove the share price up to 170 plus - might be half price soon
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Share price below a buck and sinking to multi year lows

Punters not like the story or something

The story must have pretty good when punters drove the share price up to 170 plus - might be half price soon
    We failed our investors in getting into the USA and are pulling out, so your investment is fecked and we'll get back to you on what's next on the growth agenda, meantime suck it up.

Half price would be a good outcome. It'll probably be much worse than that when investors come to terms with the enormity of throwing in the towel on the US market.

Really? I invested only after they announced they were pulling out of US and closing Emma and Roe. They can't hemorrhage money forever trying to get into US.

I think investors are unhappy about the large increase in corporate costs despite the decrease scope of the business. If I was aware that would be occurring I wouldn't have invested until SP was closer to current levels.

However, they have a solid core business which seems to be trading at good value currently, I hope price drops a bit further.
    Last edited by James108; 03-09-2018 at 09:38 PM.