sharetrader
Page 58 of 242 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    At Westfield Riccarton ChCh there is a Michael Hill store, where I have never seen any body buying.
    In the same Mall there is a Lovisa store that is always flat out.
    One has expensive junk,while the over sells cheap junk.
    Same in JMall — staff always polishing the glass counters and trying to look excited
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I have bought from MHI before it became MHJ

At Westfield Riccarton ChCh there is a Michael Hill store, where I have never seen any body buying.
    In the same Mall there is a Lovisa store that is always flat out.
    One has expensive junk,while the over sells cheap junk.
    LOL I'd say that hits the nail directly on the head. If one brings up their respective SP graphs its pretty easy to tell which strategy is working the best !
    Last edited by Beagle; 05-09-2018 at 12:47 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Does anyone on Sharetrader know anyone who shops at Michael Hill.?
    I usually shop for women stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    LOL I'd say that hits the nail directly on the head. If one brings up their respective SP graphs its pretty easy to tell which strategy is working the best !
    Lovisa in Lambton Quay in Wellington is usually busy. Thanks Percy as I know Lovisa because of you I haven't done yet any research.

Quote Originally Posted by MauroNZ View Post
    Lovisa in Lambton Quay in Wellington is usually busy. Thanks Percy as I know Lovisa because of you I haven't done yet any research.
    Yeap, our local mall has a LOV shop and a MHI shop not far from each other and there's no prizes for guessing which one is way busier than the other.
    As KW once told me the stuff you buy from LOV only lasts one or two wears but its so cheap it doesn't matter...Michael Hill watches probably have the same durability lol
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Does anyone on Sharetrader know anyone who shops at Michael Hill.?
    my other half refuses to step foot in the place Percy and I very much value her opinion as to what is trendy and what is not (I am clueless)
    LOV is very much 'in' for the cheap stuff, and Tiffany&Co (or a local custom jewellers i.e. Village Goldsmith) is very much 'in' for the expensive stuff.
    perhaps MHJ is neither one thing, nor the other?
    fwiw, I know a lot of people (Gen X) who have shopped online for engagement & wedding rings etc.
    Choose your design, choose your diamond. individually made to order. collect and collect. all for 30% cheaper than a high-street retailer and with 'cooler' branding. also means stock count is not huge. There were a lot of companies in London offering this service with just a front end show-room located in the west-end or hatton garden where you could go for consultation & assistance. everything was reviews-based, with companies only being as good as their customer ratings. assuming the NZ/AUS market lags the UK, perhaps it is a sign of things to come?
    Last edited by Filthy; 05-09-2018 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy View Post
    my other half refuses to step foot in the place Percy and I very much value her opinion as to what is trendy and what is not (I am clueless)
    LOV is very much 'in' for the cheap stuff, and Tiffany&Co (or a local custom jewelers i.e. Village Goldsmith) is very much 'in' for the expensive stuff.
    perhaps MHJ is neither one thing, nor the other?
    fwiw, I know a lot of people (Gen X) who have shopped online for engagement & wedding rings etc.
    Choose your design, choose your diamond. individually made to order. collect and collect. all for 30% cheaper than a high-street retailer and with 'cooler' branding. also means stock count is not huge. There were a lot of companies in London offering this service with just a front end show-room located in the west-end or hatton garden where you could go for consultation & assistance. everything was reviews-based, with companies only being as good as their customer ratings. assuming the NZ/AUS market lags the UK, perhaps it is a sign of things to come?
    That Village Goldsmith you mention is cool as

Has your other half tried Berry’s which is nearby
    Last edited by winner69; 05-09-2018 at 03:33 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Yes I would think quality jewellers with a good reputation will do well on line.
    Cheap end of the market is more impulse buying,what I call the Mars Bar,cake of chocolate,lotto ticket etc where LOV will continue to do well.

ps I sold my LOV shares .sp is currently a bit high for me to consider buying them again.
    MHI will have to show real growth not only in Canada,but Aussie and NZ too before I would look at them.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Has your other half tried Berry’s which is nearby
    cheers w69. don't think so yet (probably a good thing for me tho eh!), but I'll ask her tonight.