sharetrader
Page 74 of 242 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    One thing about Michael Hill no wonder what the numbers say they are always so positive about things

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...211/328650.pdf
    Yep. there one to WATCH..

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    One thing about Michael Hill no wonder what the numbers say they are always so positive about things

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...211/328650.pdf

I'd be really darn positive too if I'd just decreed myself a 12 month further extension interest free on the already deferred dividend out to new revised pay date 30 September 2021

What sort of devious Aussie trick is that ?

Really MHJ ? -- Do the right thing - the already deferred dividend is from almost 5 or so months ago with no further declared past that, by looks of things

No wonder the SP is lingering where it currently is & likely to stay for some time into the future..

it would be difficult to see the SP here rise north of the equator any time soon..
    Last edited by nztx; 19-08-2020 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    I'd be really darn positive too if I'd just decreed myself a 12 month further extension interest free on the already deferred dividend out to new revised pay date 30 September 2021

What sort of devious Aussie trick is that ?

Really MHJ ? -- Do the right thing - the already deferred dividend is from almost 5 or so months ago with no further declared past that, by looks of things

No wonder the SP is lingering where it currently is & likely to stay for some time into the future..

it would be difficult to see the SP here rise north of the equator any time soon..
    I agree ;disappointing.
    More importantly is the management up to snuff.
    They have been serial dissappointers ,haven't they?

I actually think its a valid way of arranging things cf Seeka who werent going to and now they are.
    If a profit has been made out of the period and normally a dividend would be paid then rather than just saying nah due to <shakes head > uNcErtAintY , say yeh we will pay X number of cents but we will delay payment date until we are more certain that we are out of the mysterious covid woods.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Strong sales performance across the first three quarters and taking market share, Q1: +11.9%; Q2: +4.0%; Q3 (9wks): +3.1%

They seem to have contained costs well, and were doing well until Covid which took 80m of supposed revenue, and this has dramatically affected annual profits of course, and seemingly not helped by the new leasing adjustments as well which reduced profit by 2.1 mill down to 3.1 mill so thats quite a chunk (40%). But this is not cash they remind us.

Lease rental expenses have been replaced by depreciation on right-of-use asset and intereston lease liability-
    No impact on:- Cash earnings and cashflow- Debt covenants and facility headroom

Im looking through covid here
    Attachment 11864
    Last edited by peat; 20-08-2020 at 02:13 AM.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Advanced Member

Spheria Asset Management's jump from less than 5% holding, to 7.46% in one bite, reveals they have bought some big names to the table:
    BNP Paribas.
    NAB.
    JP MORGAN CHASE.
    Citibank.
    & others.
    Should the little boys follow?

Dr JPG

Kia Kaha
    KIA car huh?

Advanced Member

Good endorsement of the co. by 2 directors buying in on market, (not some priveleged position) of @ $245k & $54k respectively, to add to existing holdings.

I suspect something is up...

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    Good endorsement of the co. by 2 directors buying in on market, (not some priveleged position) of @ $245k & $54k respectively, to add to existing holdings.

I suspect something is up...
    Think Fyfe is looking a bit ill on the 750,000 he brought at 70 cents in March 2019.

Advanced Member

So he is dollar cost averaging, which means he still has faith.

No body saw Covid coming then, so I dont think what he, or anybody else did in 2019 should be viewed as a shortcoming.
    Now, if he was selling...or just sitting on the fence...
    Last edited by Getty; 01-09-2020 at 10:43 AM.

Advanced Member

Someone's polishing the dust off the diamond.

$2.824M gone thru today 38/39c, which is well above the 32c median pre FY ann.