sharetrader
Page 97 of 242 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147197 ... LastLast
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    MHJ are one of the best in the online space. Online sales has seen 100% pcp growth over numerous periods now. 'Brilliance' membership numbers are growing incredibly well. During covid they did online one on one video call sales.

MHJ created Medley (https://medleyjewellery.com.au/pages/about-us). An online only Jewellery store. Selling the 'fast fashion' stuff. Target market Australia.
    Record digital sales – Full year sales were up 51.1%. For the first time, digital sales exceeded $30m, representing a
    record 6.2% of full year sales (FY20: 5.0%)
    6.2% of total sales is very poor when the likes of HLG are achieving near 30%.
    Last edited by percy; 02-08-2021 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Record digital sales – Full year sales were up 51.1%. For the first time, digital sales exceeded $30m, representing a
    record 6.2% of full year sales (FY20: 5.0%)
    6.2% of total sales is very poor when the likes of HLG are achieving near 30%.
    Thanks Percy, interesting comparison. How would compare to the likes of KMD?.

Quote Originally Posted by MauroNZ View Post
    KMD last half year 12.7% sales online

From their preso

Doesn’t put MHJ in good light considering they have been pushing online strongly for many years …maybe people like to touch what they buying when it comes to jewellery
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by MauroNZ View Post
    KMD's announcement 24th March stated their on line sales accounted for 12.7% of revenue.
    I would guess they have increased since then.
    So MHJ's are less than half of KMD's.
    LOV asx would make a better comparison,however I can not find their % of total sales.They did note they were up an incredible 311% for the year.

when safe to travel again going to Melbourne to see what Charles Rose has to offer

Price on Application and appointments to touch pieces

a real jeweler
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    KMD last half year 12.7% sales online

From their preso

Doesn’t put MHJ in good light considering they have been pushing online strongly for many years …maybe people like to touch what they buying when it comes to jewellery

The times I bought from MHJ I looked online but decided to go to the store. Personally I believe you get much appreciation of jewellery in person.

My wife has been buying online from small retailers and what makes her happy is when they have a great return/refund policy despite the attractive of the product itself.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    KMD's announcement 24th March stated their on line sales accounted for 12.7% of revenue.
    I would guess they have increased since then.
    So MHJ's are less than half of KMD's.
    LOV asx would make a better comparison,however I can not find their % of total sales.They did note they were up an incredible 311% for the year.
    True, surely LOV.asx is a better comparison however while having cheaper stuff probably sales are higher?.

Like if anyone looking for an engagement ring doesn't make me sure will buy it online but a cheap necklace/earing could be?.

Not sure we are comparing apples v apples when looking at jewellery vs clothing retailers.

I suspect if MHJ was to break out the online spending of goods under $200 it would be comparable to HLG or KMD online sales as a % of total sales. Might be a better comparison.

Anyhow. I'm still bullish on MHJ and their turnaround. Especially with the master, Rob Fyfe, leading the board now.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    Not sure we are comparing apples v apples when looking at jewellery vs clothing retailers.

I suspect if MHJ was to break out the online spending of goods under $200 it would be comparable to HLG or KMD online sales as a % of total sales. Might be a better comparison.

Anyhow. I'm still bullish on MHJ and their turnaround. Especially with the master, Rob Fyfe, leading the board now.

There was plenty of continuing BULL when they repeatedly deferred Declared Dividend Payout with last year's lockdowns ..

Will they trot the same Bull out again if the current 'same old same old' over in the Burnt Land repeats itself ?

The jury is still out over concerns Aussies' Covid situation may result in further instalments of Bull Dust..

Obviously a quotient of punters have beaten the SP upwards .. and hopefully they are not disappointed, but you never know.

Have difficulty seeing value in MHJ at current levels, given what is being seen over yonder ..
    Last edited by nztx; 02-08-2021 at 07:54 PM.

Guru

if it goes down to 70-80 its a cheap way to buy gold and diamonds that actually sell..better than tulips or and safer than crypto and not volatile.