sharetrader

Thread: Newby

Threaded View

Default Newby

I have been watching the sharemarket for approx 18 months now and had a teeny tiny amount of cash sitting in the call account. Then decided to play with this money just prior to the crash. I have been reading a couple of books on Technical Analysis and Fundamentals. I really enjoy statistics and graph reading. But have very limited experience.

I'm finding the testing out period very expensive. I enter too late and exit to early when buying and selling shares. I'm using DIY internet. I have been using the candle graphs and stochastic Oscillator combined with business and market news. In the meantime I have looked at this loss as paying for my education of how not to trade, silver linings and all that.

My questions are: 1/ Is it ok to ask the advice of experienced traders about graph reading etc or is that annoying and more of a tutoring thing? So therefore go stick my nose back into the books, and 2/ Can one ask opinions on entry and exit points of a particular stock or is that the kind of thing you DON'T ask on a public forum?
    Last edited by kat; 20-10-2008 at 03:59 PM.