sharetrader
Page 151 of 204 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 2038

sorry duplicate post
    Last edited by KJMLimited; 22-07-2021 at 05:23 PM. Reason: duplicate

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    They better hurry up to get that 68 cents

May have to accept less nextvweek
    63 I'd say.

Market maybe thinking the dividend is a goner

Hope the next couple of months weather is fine and dry
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Chart looks pretty ominous. Clear break down below the 100 day moving average line and I am pretty sure that's a slightly lop sided head and shoulders pattern with left shoulder in late February in the late 70's and right shoulder in mid June, again in late 70's. Usually a potender for a steep decline off the right shoulder. Could we see a re-test of the mid 50's area ? Good share to short in my opinion. Glad I didn't fall for all the hype talk at the last Auckland sharetrader gettogether in April when it was in the mid 80's and lots of people were talking it up.

TOWCHA.jpg
    Last edited by Beagle; 22-07-2021 at 06:42 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Really ? Slow process on the West Coast as to who is red stickered (complete rebuild) and who is not. How do you make a claim if you're not sure what you're claiming for ?
    Plenty more total house rebuild claims will come flooding in over the coming weeks.

How many more so called 1 in 100 year weather events this year ?
    Very easy to make a claim without all the information, it is standard practice. Claim gets lodged as soon as any loss is expected. Adjustor is appointed, does their thing, bills get paid, repeat as time goes by, settlement comes down the line. Most claims are lodged very quickly in the day of online forms and integrated systems.

Flood claims are very rarely total loss claims.

Definition of 1/100 year events will probably change agree a bit on this front. But even outside of climate change there are years that are heavier than others. That doesn't always change the average over the very long term.

Even if this year is a bad one further events covered under per event section of reinsurance treaty -means bottom line NPAT isn't currently expected to be further changed from earlier announcement as full year impact accounted for already.

Speculate all you want about reinsurance costs but they will be quickly passed on as annual premium adjustments roll through on renewal.

Quote Originally Posted by Antipodean View Post
    Very easy to make a claim without all the information, it is standard practice. Claim gets lodged as soon as any loss is expected. Adjustor is appointed, does their thing, bills get paid, repeat as time goes by, settlement comes down the line. Most claims are lodged very quickly in the day of online forms and integrated systems.

Flood claims are very rarely total loss claims.

Definition of 1/100 year events will probably change agree a bit on this front. But even outside of climate change there are years that are heavier than others. That doesn't always change the average over the very long term.

Even if this year is a bad one further events covered under per event section of reinsurance treaty -means bottom line NPAT isn't currently expected to be further changed from earlier announcement as full year impact accounted for already.

Speculate all you want about reinsurance costs but they will be quickly passed on as annual premium adjustments roll through on renewal.
    That's also how I read it. The real hurdle will come when people can't afford the premiums and/or the TWR's of this world stop offering at all, and banks have to stop lending.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Chart looks pretty ominous. Clear break down below the 100 day moving average line and I am pretty sure that's a slightly lop sided head and shoulders pattern with left shoulder in late February in the late 70's and right shoulder in mid June, again in late 70's. Usually a potender for a steep decline off the right shoulder. Could we see a re-test of the mid 50's area ? Good share to short in my opinion. Glad I didn't fall for all the hype talk at the last Auckland sharetrader gettogether in April when it was in the mid 80's and lots of people were talking it up.

TOWCHA.jpg
    I am happy to assist you shorting if you're interested

Technically we are now in a weekly downtrend, with the break of 71 confirming a weekly bear flag. Significant area of support in 68-70 region, so will be bullish if this holds given a bear flag break just prior (i.e. a breakdown without much follow through). If it breaks that will be significant technical damage.

Legend

Can we encourage the Board Squatters to buy a small pile again, so things dont look so bad
    & to save the day ?

Wonder if there will be another basically Adrift on the Seas small Insurer looking for a new owner, that can be added
    between now & next deferred dividend, to try to resurrect a bit of mana & hope (in place of the dividend) ?

After all, there seem to be quite a few who are happy at throwing more coin at a very deep bottomless well
    (or Cap Raise AKA a special variation of a reverse dividend situation) .. before prayer & hope sessions ..
    Last edited by nztx; 22-07-2021 at 10:56 PM.

I contacted Tower and got a bit more information on reinsurance. They advised the aggregate programme will cover the recent floods up to $7.5m. Should the event ultimately exceed $10m, Tower’s catastrophe programme cuts in. This is reflected in the diagram attached (from page 20 of our half-year results presentation). Tower aggregate cover for large events.PNG

Quote Originally Posted by 850man View Post
    I contacted Tower and got a bit more information on reinsurance. They advised the aggregate programme will cover the recent floods up to $7.5m. Should the event ultimately exceed $10m, Tower’s catastrophe programme cuts in. This is reflected in the diagram attached (from page 20 of our half-year results presentation). Tower aggregate cover for large events.PNG
    Plain language - what does that mean?

Tower is in the hook for only $2.5m?
    Last edited by Balance; 23-07-2021 at 08:30 AM.