sharetrader
Page 109 of 213 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 2126

Quote Originally Posted by Cadalac123 View Post
    Insurance companies keep a lot of money floating in high grade bonds. It isn't anything special to TWR.

TWR's balance sheet is good right now but for different reasons. The low OCR will mean investment income will decrease but it's not a significant portion of total revenue. But at the moment any extrapolation of TWR's balance sheet is entirely dependent on how they've been impacted during this period. We can hope claim expenses were done and so forth but it's all assumptions. Long-term I do see good potential in TWR, but as with any insurance company this relies on no catastrophic events.
    Thanks both, really appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    Thanks both, really appreciated
    With my involvement in another company our vehicle claims are down approx 80% and home claims down approx 50% over the shutdown period. I don't have any commercial info .
    Premiums still coming in so presently in a good space but one weather event can change things.!

Half the profit from the Pacific islands anyway, so profit totally swings on the storm season up there

Veteran novice

There's currently pressure from some quarters for insurance companies to reduce premiums where risks are reduced, eg cars locked in garages or seldom used. Some companies have indicated that they are amenable to the idea. Is TWR one of these?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    There's currently pressure from some quarters for insurance companies to reduce premiums where risks are reduced, eg cars locked in garages or seldom used. Some companies have indicated that they are amenable to the idea. Is TWR one of these?
    As I Tower shareholder, hope they don't rebate premiums or any other company for that matter, while I'm not using my car much I have reduced costs anyway, besides Tower needs a break and I wouldn't mind a dividend!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    In a similar situation, Southern Cross emailed yesterday and said that with the savings last month/support customers/blah blah, they are returning $50 million to customers (approx. 880,000 clients). So about $55 each.

They are supposedly "not for profit". (After my premiums having gone up 123% over 3 years, and never having claimed, I take a bit of a dim view of them....)

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    As I Tower shareholder, hope they don't rebate premiums or any other company for that matter, while I'm not using my car much I have reduced costs anyway, besides Tower needs a break and I wouldn't mind a dividend!
    Likewise .. wouldn't mind a Div either after past Cap raise & stalling off investors

Any idea how far their Islands business does business ?

Do they have exposure to Fiji ?

Good on Tower not 'profiting' from the virus re car insurances

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/121...-profit-pledge

Good for long term customer loyalty
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    Likewise .. wouldn't mind a Div either after past Cap raise & stalling off investors

Any idea how far their Islands business does business ?

Do they have exposure to Fiji ?
    Tower are the largest personal property insurer in Fiji. Circa 25% market share.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Good on Tower not 'profiting' from the virus re car insurances

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/121...-profit-pledge

Good for long term customer loyalty
    As much as would like a dividend I think this is a smart play from a marketing/publicity perspective and highlights them being NZ owned so I'm pretty relaxed about it. The fact that they are doing it suggests things are in good shape for dividend anyway?