sharetrader
Page 110 of 213 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 2126

As a long suffering Tower shareholder, I am not sure I agree. People still have the option to drive their car and still receive fire and theft protection. Feels a bit like tails we lose and heads we lose again.

Agree its good PR and a vote of confidence but there better not be any more capital raisings because of this.

Veteran novice

there better not be any more capital raisings because of this.
    And if there are?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    And if there are?

I'd like to hear about the next Insurance Add-on (if there is one) on their wish list, to have the cap out to
    long suffering shareholders for - if they do go this way

Even better, what sort of poor miserable excuses get trotted out for not reinstating dividends after having holders
    basically fork out for the last acquisition (Youi - wasn't it ?) - if that occurs

Advanced Member

Given the absence of dividend for so long todays step might bode well - rebate premiums and pay dividend?

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    And if there are?

They should rebate the money against renewal payments for the same policies to lock in wavering customers and drive churn down. That at least keeps cash in the business and makes some sense. Anyone know if that is what they are doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaa View Post

They should rebate the money against renewal payments for the same policies to lock in wavering customers and drive churn down. That at least keeps cash in the business and makes some sense. Anyone know if that is what they are doing?
    That would be really sensible. All we have is that article linked which isn't fully clear but sort of implies the same method being used as southern cross.. Would be a shame for no dividend, but it's understandable I guess.

Does this imply FY20 profit Will be $4m less than expected

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...949/321127.pdf
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Does this imply FY20 profit Will be $4m less than expected

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...949/321127.pdf
    I think it implies that there is still going to be a healthy profit, that no cap raise is needed, and that a dividend may finally be on the way... but won't know for sure for another month ish.

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    I think it implies that there is still going to be a healthy profit, that no cap raise is needed, and that a dividend may finally be on the way... but won't know for sure for another month ish.
    Let's hope them refunding claims despite the cyclone means they are in a comfortable position and not that they are making a horrible business decision to save face

Quote Originally Posted by Cadalac123 View Post
    Let's hope them refunding claims despite the cyclone means they are in a comfortable position and not that they are making a horrible business decision to save face
    Pretty much all indicators have been positive this year up until the weather in the Pacific and Covid-19. Not sure about dividend, but definitely no indication that this is about "saving face"