sharetrader
Page 197 of 213 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 2126

2015 there were 175m shares.
    today there are 379m shares on issue. However down from a peak of 422 in 2021.

TWR should buyback more shares since the SP is trading below book value ($0.79). Buyback better for shareholders than dividends right now.

Todays MoneyHub email again rates TWR one of the top two insurers recommended to get a quotation for comprehensive motor vehicle insurance. These independent source email are widely read and are surely one of the drivers of TWRs sharply increasing Gross Written Premium, especially in the MV space.

This endorsement is a massive free advertising assist in my view. A good way to start the New Year.

Guru

I wonder if Cove insurance eating into Tower Car Insurance market share?
    Nearly 1/2 the premium for qualifiers
    https://www.coveinsurance.co.nz/reviews/

Great sevice & I couldn't fault Cove on a recent claim I made
    Last edited by kiora; 08-01-2024 at 05:43 PM.

Is TWR now ready for takeover offers?

https://announcements.nzx.com/detail/424802

Tower announces the conditional sale of its Vanuatu subsidiary to Capital

Insurance Group of Papua New Guinea. The sale proceeds are expected to be
    around $1.6m, net of costs of sale, subject to adjustment for changes in the
    subsidiary's net assets at the completion date. The sale is expected to
    complete in the first half of 2024.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    2015 there were 175m shares.
    today there are 379m shares on issue. However down from a peak of 422 in 2021.

TWR should buyback more shares since the SP is trading below book value ($0.79). Buyback better for shareholders than dividends right now.
    This is never EVER in itself a reason to buy back shares.

Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post
    This is never EVER in itself a reason to buy back shares.
    Buy shares below book value for an insurer not a reason to buy back shares vs pay dividends? can you elaborate more pls

Banned

Buy shares below book value for an insurer not a reason to buy back shares vs pay dividends? can you elaborate more pls
    Will do when I get time, read up everything Buffett has said over the years on buybacks, should be able to find it all condensed somewhere.

For most insurers trading below book, particularly well below, buybacks would be lighting cash on fire.

Buybacks should only ever be considered when shares are trading below INTRINSIC value, conservatively measured and when no higher return activities are available for the capital.

Book value has nothing to do with it at all, otherwise you'd just buy shares in all the insurance companies trading below book and you'd get rich af.

Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post
    Will do when I get time, read up everything Buffett has said over the years on buybacks, should be able to find it all condensed somewhere.

For most insurers trading below book, particularly well below, buybacks would be lighting cash on fire.

Buybacks should only ever be considered when shares are trading below INTRINSIC value, conservatively measured and when no higher return activities are available for the capital.

Book value has nothing to do with it at all, otherwise you'd just buy shares in all the insurance companies trading below book and you'd get rich af.
    this quote is all i could find you silver tongue demagogue lol:

“When you are told that all repurchases are harmful to shareholders or to the country, or particularly beneficial to CEOs, you are listening to either an economic illiterate or a silver-tongued demagogue (characters that are not mutually exclusive),”

Banned

this quote is all i could find you silver tongue demagogue lol:

“When you are told that all repurchases are harmful to shareholders or to the country, or particularly beneficial to CEOs, you are listening to either an economic illiterate or a silver-tongued demagogue (characters that are not mutually exclusive),”

There are thousands of words, massive resources from him on the topic.

Well worth spending 30 or 40 hours studying, you'll earn yourself thousands of dollars an hour for the effort.

But obviously if it makes sense for them to buy back below book, then it makes sense for us to buy below book.

It's unfortunately not that simple.
    Last edited by SailorRob; 16-01-2024 at 01:03 PM.

state of emergency called on west coast
    one step ahead of the herd