sharetrader
Page 29 of 215 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast
    Share Collector

Damp squib announcement out today... seems like a "well we've got to say something now, I guess" announcement, after last weeks promise of a glimpse into the future was added by the PR department in an attempt to avoid holders dwelling on the past (extra earthquake provisions).

Using a large magnifying glass to try and spot something new written between the lines, I could only guess that there were probably no really good proposals and now they are going to have to work through the options (two?) that they have in front of them to see which one will disappoint shareholders the least. Chairman steps down, as no glory to be had and will be more hard work than he needs...

Anyone got a microscope (or a bugging device under the Board table would do)?

Agree - pretty tame comments.

Seems the Board think the shares are worth more than the current price but they now need till next Feb to work out how to get the market to agree with them.

So the message is ...hurry up - and wait!
    "Don't be afraid to take a big step if one is indicated. You can't cross a chasm in two small jumps." David Lloyd George

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    Damp squib announcement out today... seems like a "well we've got to say something now, I guess" announcement, after last weeks promise of a glimpse into the future was added by the PR department in an attempt to avoid holders dwelling on the past (extra earthquake provisions).

Using a large magnifying glass to try and spot something new written between the lines, I could only guess that there were probably no really good proposals and now they are going to have to work through the options (two?) that they have in front of them to see which one will disappoint shareholders the least. Chairman steps down, as no glory to be had and will be more hard work than he needs...

Anyone got a microscope (or a bugging device under the Board table would do)?
    Yep.. I need a bugging device because my IQ is not high enough to understand what that announcement was all about.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Yep.. I need a bugging device because my IQ is not high enough to understand what that announcement was all about.
    Glad I am not the only one who thought it was a total non-announcement:

"We have been thinking about some stuff, which we may or may not do"

"We may do nothing"

"Anything we would do would need to make business sense"

Wow guys - thanks for the update!!!

Quote Originally Posted by _Michael View Post
    Glad I am not the only one who thought it was a total non-announcement:

"We have been thinking about some stuff, which we may or may not do"

"We may do nothing"

"Anything we would do would need to make business sense"

Wow guys - thanks for the update!!!

but we are going to make you super rich from creating MORE shareholder value

Heck guys Rob says TWR has outperformed the market since separating from Aust .... you should be pleased .....don't be so greedy ha ha

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    but we are going to make you super rich from creating MORE shareholder value

Heck guys Rob says TWR has outperformed the market since separating from Aust .... you should be pleased .....don't be so greedy ha ha
    “Please, sir, I want some more.”
    Charles Dickens, Oliver Twist

Is that chart saying Rob may have been a bit loose with hsi words - red line is NZX50 isn't it

Probably includes the huge divies in his TSR calculations or something

Veteran novice

"The market" is a bit more than the NZX50, although that's the one most of us would focus on. Perhaps he meant the NZXAllIndex?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Is that chart saying Rob may have been a bit loose with hsi words - red line is NZX50 isn't it

Probably includes the huge divies in his TSR calculations or something
    Hmmm...yeah red line is the NZX50. You can fiddle around with Statistics to prove any point..so somewhere our mate Rob will be proved right...

Yahoo chart data has been proved as dodgy at the best of times. It supposes to be adjusted but I have seen from other examples that this area is suspect so I wouldn't bet my life on it... but the chart does show up a good point or two including TWR up trend.

Using the "add divvies to the share price" argument falls flat if the above chart is accurate as I used the adjustment with NZ50 index (they have divy companies too)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    "The market" is a bit more than the NZX50, although that's the one most of us would focus on. Perhaps he meant the NZXAllIndex?

TWR (Yellow) beats NZ all shares Capital... it also beats Greece
    I added S&P500 (pink) for interest.

Perhaps Rob is trying for $2.20 a world beater..eh

Last edited by Hoop; 14-09-2012 at 10:10 AM.