sharetrader
Page 31 of 213 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    Hey Balance - moved this discussion back to TWR (from FPA) where it belongs and I hope you acted on the buy signal you got from Possum The Cat.

TWR is on the move with SP up 4cents at 190 as I write. And with quotes at Buy 190 and 194 Sell there could be another couple of cents still to come today.

I'm a bit nervous about writing this though - every time I comment the price seems to fall backwards again! Fingers crossed this time.
    Well done, Pierre.

PTC is definitely the best contrary buy or sell signal you can get now.

Cheers!

Balance maybe Stiassny is allready starting to liquidate this company.
    Possum The Cat

Share Collector

Happy to catch the "double" today, since I hold both TWR and NHF:ASX - and, on the day, NHF has risen more...

Kind of odd though? All they are really doing is making the business smaller.

It was earning $10m NPAT and they sold it on a 10% yield. Back to square one with the investment brokers all the richer

I would rather have seen them keep it and having a go at actually managing the business for growth for a change.

What happened to gold old fashioned lets get out there and compete and be as good as we can be?

Instead we get the good old kiwi "we are rubbish at managing businesses so let us sell our business to Aussies as clearly they will be able to do better"

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    Game on with Tower

Health Insurance business sold for $102 million, capital to be returned to Shareholders.
    NP for the year to 30 Sept expected to be at upper end of analysts ranges $51-56m.

Nice.

Advanced Member

Must agree with you Michael..

Heard Hugh Fletcher being interviewed a few weeks ago and he made a statement ... ( That I think ) went something like this..

The four major Aussie banks took more out of this country in dividends..

THAN THE ENTIRE PROFIT OF THE COMPANIES ON THE NZX..

I stand to be corrected..

Do we not have any one that can manage our own Banks ??..

Why do we not support our own Banks ??

Apart from John .. Well past his use by date ..

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by _Michael View Post
    Kind of odd though? All they are really doing is making the business smaller.
    Quote Originally Posted by janner View Post
    Must agree with you Michael.
    Agree as well.

My issue is that GPG is trying to liquidate its holdings. It cant find a seller for its TWR shareholding so it forces the TWR to liquidate its businesses.

So we are going to lose TWR from the NZX just because GPG cant find a buyer.

So after telling shareholders absolutely nothing about its 'strategic review' they then start selling down the businesses without even informing shareholders. it wasn't so long ago they were raising money to expand.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

I will take note of the directors in the TWR board and will stay away from companies associated with them, except for the last addition! They are not worth their words! Shame on them!

It's prob that last addition that is driving this self liquidation ...and prob not just for the sake of GPG

Sam's division the next to go and then a few other little bits and then the general insurance be of interest to somebody

Shareholders getting a better price at the end of the day this way

So the whole demutualisation process been a waste of time .....and not just Tower

Wonderful result from TWR .... I'll beat Belg to saying 'just quickly crunched the numbers and worth at least 250'

Maybe even more if they get prices as they self liquidate

Advanced Member

Anyone done the Maths on the capital payment, I assessed about 44c?