sharetrader
Page 40 of 213 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    did gpg sell their stake?
    Looks like they sold 19.9% who NZFC are offloading to clients - at $1.70

Edit 1: I believe they held 33% so still 13% to go.

Edit 2: They have sold their full holding so not sure who the other 13% went to. https://www.nzx.com/companies/GPG/announcements/241759
    Last edited by CJ; 30-09-2013 at 10:50 AM.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Guru

A few were buying at $1.83 this morning as their was no announcement re TWR will 10.25 - GPG made theirs at 10.05.

Its been above $2 this year so that is a big discount and will take a while for that overhang to clear out.

In the end, it is postive. GPG has made TWR gut themselves over the past few years - if only they had sold earlier, then TWR wouldn't look so anorexic now.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Veteran novice

I see that Milford Asset Management have reduced their holding from 8.16% to 6.83%.

I must say I find it hard to believe that the "slimmed-down" version will have the necessary scale to make a success of being a general - only insurance business, up against the majors.

I think they will be a takeover target in the future
    one step ahead of the herd

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    I think they will be a takeover target in the future
    Is there much left to take over?

Australian business, life cover, wealth management (including Kiwisaver), health insurance - all either spun off or sold over recent years. How much is a marginally profitable general insurance business worth?

actually the general insurance business is doing quite well, a lot of last results were one offs so if you add those back in not to bad , there market shares alright but probably hard to grow in nz by much there growth will come from the pacific islands so the value to someone is probably a big player already in the market who wants a little more market share and less players
    one step ahead of the herd

Share buy back papers arrived in the mail yesterday.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by corpr8raider View Post
    Share buy back papers arrived in the mail yesterday.
    Whats is everyones thoughts on this. Shareprice is hovering around 1.80 so the offer of $1.81 doens't look that appealing. Given the offer is for only part of your holding, is the $1.81 offer price keeping the price up or pushing the price down (or is it true value?)?

At this stage, I think I might decline the offer and see if it goes up once it closes.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    At this stage, I think I might decline the offer and see if it goes up once it closes.
    I forgot about the dividend. I ended up accepting the offer.

Looks like 70% of shareholders took up the offer as 14% of shares will be cancelled.

It closed at 1.77 so the 1.81 is a small premium and no brokerage. Will be interesting to see if it just drifts in the 1.70-1.80 range from now or if we will see more action.

Veteran novice

Brian Gaynor poses a few questions for shareholders to ask at next Wednesday's Annual Meeting.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11195066