sharetrader
Page 53 of 213 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    Sort of unhappy that I did buy some of these in March

There is not a lot of cheer anywhere in the announcement today.

AND that is without assuming that the IT systems that the say is now deemed a load of rubbish (they used different phraseology) includes the one built for them back in 2000 and which I was involved in.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Maybe you should have a chat with Percy about the challenges insurance companies face with settlements in Christchurch. Get some feedback from ground zero so too speak.
    Last edited by Beagle; 26-05-2016 at 01:02 PM.

-aholic

My mouse trigger finger is itching at 147.5-148

any advice guys.. am i getting greedy

Nothing wrong with greed per se its just that it overides your powers of rational thinking....but betting isn't about rationale is it? Its about the adrenalin rush if you choose right and the guilt if not.
    Quote Originally Posted by smtrader View Post
    My mouse trigger finger is itching at 147.5-148

any advice guys.. am i getting greedy
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

-aholic

Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    Nothing wrong with greed per se its just that it overides your powers of rational thinking....but betting isn't about rationale is it? Its about the adrenalin rush if you choose right and the guilt if not.
    Beautifully said BB.

-aholic

TIMELY ALERT... check volumes on TWR.. they are OFF THE CHARTS nothing like it SINCE SEPT 2013.. some heavy weight dumping

Veteran novice

TIMELY ALERT... check volumes on TWR.. they are OFF THE CHARTS nothing like it SINCE SEPT 2013.. some heavy weight dumping
    Shareprice has only weakened 1.5c today on that 6m+ volume. Which probably means that some other heavyweight is buying.

Update on volume - over 7.5m
    Last edited by macduffy; 27-05-2016 at 05:23 PM.

-aholic

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Shareprice has only weakened 1.5c today on that 6m+ volume. Which probably means that some other heavyweight is buying.

Update on volume - over 7.5m
    Yeah they were all off the back of 6 trades done off market.. i wonder if that was the end of Tower's share buy back directly offering to buy some of the shares held by the top holders, because the off market doesn't happen instantly, the broker has to inform nzx and they have to be aware of it plus look for someone holding the shares to be a counter party... 1 of the trades was for 4.5M shares at one go (meaning one of the substantial holders sold out), so either TWR bought them (to stop a freefall on share price) or another buyer taking substantial holding (and risk) on.

That's my analysis.. (usual yada yada not to be taken as financial advice. )

Yeah they were all off the back of 6 trades done off market.. i wonder if that was the end of Tower's share buy back directly offering to buy some of the shares held by the top holders, because the off market doesn't happen instantly, the broker has to inform nzx and they have to be aware of it plus look for someone holding the shares to be a counter party... 1 of the trades was for 4.5M shares at one go (meaning one of the substantial holders sold out), so either TWR bought them (to stop a freefall on share price) or another buyer taking substantial holding (and risk) on.

That's my analysis.. (usual yada yada not to be taken as financial advice. )
    Tower said they weren't going to buy back any more shares so not them buying.

Probably BNZ (aka NAB) selling after you cast aspersions on their stock picking abilities - thought they better get rid of them before too many people notice they have heaps.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

-aholic

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Tower said they weren't going to buy back any more shares so not them buying.

Probably BNZ (aka NAB) selling after you cast aspersions on their stock picking abilities - thought they better get rid of them before too many people notice they have heaps.
    hahaha perhaps.

Given that they still have chch claims to settle from their own kitty and the cash they have on hand is decreasing rapidly, is it reasonable to assume that they will be significnatly cutting back their dividends in the future? Even though they said they intend to keep it the same this year

One year, well 6 months is hardly reliable forward planning. Looking at the dividend history I don't get a "reliable" impression. In fact you might say last year was an aberration...Too many unknowns for me.
    http://www.dividendyield.co.nz/viewdetails.php?loc=TWR
    hahaha perhaps.

Given that they still have chch claims to settle from their own kitty and the cash they have on hand is decreasing rapidly, is it reasonable to assume that they will be significnatly cutting back their dividends in the future? Even though they said they intend to keep it the same this year
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz