sharetrader
Page 6 of 204 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    Guru

Thumbs up

Soso ann nutural not like the Aussie banks, but will take up as with the underwritting its GPG's way of feeling out the soft holders, its all in the future with the economic recovery!!!

Veteran novice

Well it's a renounceable issue so if we don't like it we can sell the rights.

At a cum issue price of $1-74 the rights will have a theoretical value of 30c so there's something in it for those who don't subscribe. Will be interesting to see at what actual price the rights trade.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Soso ann nutural not like the Aussie banks, but will take up as with the underwritting its GPG's way of feeling out the soft holders, its all in the future with the economic recovery!!!
    Interesting though that GPG aren't underwriting the issue - Goldman Sachs are.
    GPG may be a sub-underwiter, of course.

Macduffy would they have to make a takeover offer if they did underwrite the offer and had to take anything more than a small portion. They are allready taking theirfull entitlement. Remember the rules on increasing shareholdings. If my memory is correct they can only creep 5% per year and may have brought some more earlier in the year as well
    Possum The Cat

Veteran novice

Yes, I think you're right on that, Possum.

The issued capital will be about 31% higher on completion of the issue so I guess that gives them an absolute bigger number in the 5% if they're so inclined but I really don't know the detail of that. I was really only making the point in reply that the underwriter was Goldman Sachs, not GPG.

Guru

Lightbulb

Once the rights issue is out of the way they will then have to inform the market as to their % shareholding weather they gained any increase by the under righting or as the sub under righter it doesnt really matter.

Whatsup if the get to much they have to make takeover offer
    Possum The Cat

Guru

Exclamation

Yeh Possy but they control the numbers and can stop at just below the take over treashhold thats why they are a sub under writer and not the under writer.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Yeh Possy but they control the numbers and can stop at just below the take over treashhold thats why they are a sub under writer and not the under writer.
    That's right.

I would imagine that any sub-underwriting agreement that they enter into will either be a number such as they don't exceed the limit or will include a clause that limits their liability to take up at that number.

I see that there are 57,000 shareholders - a lot of them fairly "passive" holders from the old NZ Govt Life days - so it's quite possible that there could be a significant underwritten shortfall, despite the fact that the rights will have a value.

There's a division of ASB on the block Belg
    Last edited by winner69; 25-08-2009 at 05:28 PM.