sharetrader
Page 90 of 213 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast

From the Newroom web site;

"IAG NZ profit margins soar...."

Is this a case of a rising tide lifting all boats?

https://www.newsroom.co.nz/2019/02/0...pace-australia

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    From the Newroom web site;

"IAG NZ profit margins soar...."

Is this a case of a rising tide lifting all boats?

https://www.newsroom.co.nz/2019/02/0...pace-australia

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Should be and it's great to know that while many of us end up paying higher premiums due to the earthquakes etc, we have some TWR shares to provide a natural hedge against the rising premiums hopefully!

The bigger game is still takeover by Bain imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Should be and it's great to know that while many of us end up paying higher premiums due to the earthquakes etc, we have some TWR shares to provide a natural hedge against the rising premiums hopefully!

The bigger game is still takeover by Bain imo.
    Hmm I recently changed insurance from Trademe (underwritten by Tower) to Initio (underwritten by IAG) ... I hope TWR can turn things around because it has been one of my biggest gambles and best returning stocks lately!

Advanced Member

continuing to top up on these unloved shares, expect a bit of a run should they announce half way decent results like the other insurers mentioned. Would be good to see that divi recommence, will it be at the half or full year point is the question ....
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by boysy View Post
    continuing to top up on these unloved shares, expect a bit of a run should they announce half way decent results like the other insurers mentioned. Would be good to see that divi recommence, will it be at the half or full year point is the question ....
    Not sure if result will reflect the rise of other insurers ... as per the post of hogie above , I think they will be losing market share . Have heard a lot of people finding their quotes not competitive and switching .
    This doesn’t take the T/O scenario away , but might be some tough times till that eventuates .

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Not sure if result will reflect the rise of other insurers ... as per the post of hogie above , I think they will be losing market share . Have heard a lot of people finding their quotes not competitive and switching .
    This doesn’t take the T/O scenario away , but might be some tough times till that eventuates .
    I disagree stoploss...I've moved 3 policies to Tower and one to AA in the last 12 months due to more competitive quotes and better online systems. We'll find out in due course but I think Tower's result will be very good at an operational level. There's still the potential for some writeoffs etc with Chch and the big issue will be whether the Board signal their confidence in the outlook by paying an interim dividend.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arbroath View Post
    I disagree stoploss...I've moved 3 policies to Tower and one to AA in the last 12 months due to more competitive quotes and better online systems. We'll find out in due course but I think Tower's result will be very good at an operational level. There's still the potential for some writeoffs etc with Chch and the big issue will be whether the Board signal their confidence in the outlook by paying an interim dividend.
    Maybe I should have qualified that as the Wellington region . They maybe more risk averse / competitive in other areas with less perceived risk .
    Time will tell .

Advanced Member

Going long on Auckland I hear and actively trying to divest policies in high risk areas through repricing. Will be interesting to see how this is communicated in the market update ....

Banned

Maybe I should have qualified that as the Wellington region . They maybe more risk averse / competitive in other areas with less perceived risk .
    Time will tell .
    Yes good point. I'm in Taranaki which they price as lower risk so the differentiation helps me. What matters is how it works for them overall - premiums less modelled risk for reinsurance costs is the net measure given we don't know where the next earthquake/disaster will actually occur.

Time will tell .
    I am in Wellington and TWR recently offered the best solution & best value for money for our place. Sign-up & Quote process was all online and they were great to deal with. Broker & competitors all came-up about $200+pa more expensive for a worse offering, policy and cover. Having said that, we are on a hill (bedrock) overlooking the water with no risk (touch-wood) from liquefaction / storm damage / sea / flooding. I would guess it would be a lot different it we were located elsewhere i.e. some friends of ours in Petone had their premiums almost double (ouch). Car also ended up with trademe, which is underwritten by TWR. Again, simple online process and good value when I did the comparison.