sharetrader
Page 70 of 213 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast

"Suncorp is seeking to acquire all Tower shares not already held by Vero at NZ$1.40 per share."

Anyone know what this means, all shares held by Tower or shares held by all investors?

Quote Originally Posted by Arbroath View Post
    Suncorp firms up at $1.40....as long as Comcom play ball the ball is back in Fairfax's court
    Especially now that we are talking about post due diligence offers. Any due diligence done properly would have looked at the Christchurch earthquake provisioning. The offer price didn't drop having done that which is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbroath View Post
    Suncorp firms up at $1.40....as long as Comcom play ball the ball is back in Fairfax's court
    The Commerce Commission was yelled at loudly by the comentariat for approving the IAG/AMI takeover. Might the CC now be gun shy over insurance takeovers?

Would it be prudent to sell to the market at current prices to de-risk the CC spoiling the party?

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    The Commerce Commission was yelled at loudly by the comentariat for approving the IAG/AMI takeover. Might the CC now be gun shy over insurance takeovers?

Would it be prudent to sell to the market at current prices to de-risk the CC spoiling the party?

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    I dont think Com Com will reject this one. IAG have 46% so allowing Vero to have 30% (incl Tower) wouldnt seem inconsistent. And its arguable that having the Tower business backed by a major player will make the consumers better off in terms of the strength of their insurer. Although together the two Aussie firms will have 76% so that is quite dominant .....

I am surprised by the 7c discount though so some people must agree with you MM. But I reckon it will be let through. I personally would wait and get the $1.40 unless the funds were needed in a hurry.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Why there's a 5% discount (risk premium) left in the sp.

Think myself CC will let the takeover through - precedent has been set and NZ is a land of duoploies anyway - be it beer, airline, building products, supermarkets, banking (Oz vs Kiwibank) etc etc.

Anyone taking a stab at this one? Current SP $1.27. annoucement due next Wednesday. Stand to make 10% in one week if the Commerce Commission pass it.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    Anyone taking a stab at this one? Current SP $1.27. annoucement due next Wednesday. Stand to make 10% in one week if the Commerce Commission pass it.
    I think I'll get passed if the CC are consistent with past rulings....

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    Agree nice little arbitrage opportunity for the brave...

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    Agree nice little arbitrage opportunity for the brave...
    Declined

https://nzx.com/companies/TWR/announcements/304511
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Merger declined. Definitely wasn't expecting that.