sharetrader
Page 76 of 211 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126176 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    If they value the company at $0.43 cents why are people paying $0.70 cents today? This share has got to dive IMO. You should be able to pick up at $0.40 in the near future, I hope I'm wrong but there current management is left wanting.
    the ex price was 55c on todays price i think so thats why people buying at 72c as you can buy the new shares at 42c

amd as i was thinking they have potential to win up to 80m of the top of my head in litigation so you gotta think is that worth a punt 20 odd cents worth of share capital return?
    Last edited by bull....; 15-11-2017 at 11:42 AM.
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    If they value the company at $0.43 cents why are people paying $0.70 cents today? This share has got to dive IMO. You should be able to pick up at $0.40 in the near future, I hope I'm wrong but there current management is left wanting.
    The rights issue price is just a price that underwriters of the issue are pretty confident the price will stay above so they make money taking up rights that aren't purchased. It's not a valuation. A 70c price just means the rights have a value of about 14c. At 70c you are buying a future share price of 56c and a right to buy another share at 42c that had a value of 14c. The maths is simple this time as it's a 1:1 rights offer.
    Last edited by Scrunch; 15-11-2017 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Correction to 42c from 43c

Guru

Might give this a punt if I can get it for under 70c... forsyth reckon 4c dividend next year and that its worth at least 10% higher than today's closing price...

Then again they also reckon PEB is worth 85 cents

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Might give this a punt if I can get it for under 70c... forsyth reckon 4c dividend next year and that its worth at least 10% higher than today's closing price...

Then again they also reckon PEB is worth 85 cents
    4c div definately possible but i still reckon it wont be to canterbury claims are nearly gone , anyway i brought some for a punt

I think there's good opportunity here, but to be truly rewarded you're going to have to hold it for quite a while whilst they get the never ending Christchurch claims out of the way

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    I think there's good opportunity here, but to be truly rewarded you're going to have to hold it for quite a while whilst they get the never ending Christchurch claims out of the way
    the big payday is if they win the litigations , the potential money involved is enough to buy back all shares being issued at the moment

Banned

Whens this going to court and earliest tower/aig know if they're getting a payday. And if EQC coughs up, wont the money just go to the poor shmucks that have waited all this time for their claim to be resolved?

last day today i believe before they go ex

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    Not quite...
    https://www.nzx.com/announcements/310431

"Record Date for determining Entitlements: 7.00 pm, 22 November 2017"

Interesting to see after HBL not really down much despite no longer being entitled to participate in their rights issue... if Tower holds anything remotely close to 70 cents after the entitlement period, this would be most impressive!

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Arrow This is stuff you need to get right

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Not quite...
    https://www.nzx.com/announcements/310431

"Record Date for determining Entitlements: 7.00 pm, 22 November 2017"...
    Not quite...

The first date of trading without the rights entitlement is the trading day before the record date.
    om mani peme hum