sharetrader
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zinc

A couple of zincers that are on my watchlist are the recently re-named Aurelia Metals, AMI,
    and Terramin Australia TZN. I don't have a recommendation on them other than that they both have a rising SP. They also have the usual base metal by-products copper and lead, along with a handy amount of gold and silver.

IMO

Hi guys thanks for your sharing. Yes re zinc and railways ; certainly no zinc in the lines themselves.!!

Seems a good Zinc producer is hard to find. A friend instigated the Zinc thing. A few explorers HRR,IBG,MUX he found. TZN could be a ripper if it reopens Angus mine.and the Menninnie Dam deposit largest AG-PB-ZN deposit in sth aus(haven't verified any of this)

IRON BARK IBG Citronen project (greenland)with 32% IRR op cost US.68c lb smelter fees . Capital coast $429 million22c lb (feasibility study 2013)

One would need to research long and deep.Maybe look to other countries too. cheersJT

Might pay to be patient. Thought this was interesting.

Weak Chinese Demand May Push Zinc Stocks To LME Warehouses
    Reuters
    More refined zinc is likely to be shipped from bonded warehouses in China to warehouses approved by the London Metal Exchange in Asia in the fourth quarter as tight credit crimps domestic demand at a time of increased imports, traders said. Higher shipments from China, the world's top consumer and producer of refined zinc, to LME warehouses in Asia could cap LME zinc prices, which have risen more than 10 percent this year. Chinese importers had contracted more refined zinc for term shipments for delivery in 2014 and the bulk was set to be used as collateral for loans, traders said. But tight credit in China has slowed domestic demand this year, weighing on Chinese prices, and traders said that had forced importers to store the metal in bonded warehouses, mostly in Shanghai and the southern province of Guangdong. "If importers are not able to sell the stocks into the domestic market by October ... they may ship to the LME warehouses (in Asia)," said a manager at Shanghai-based firm, which imported zinc for its own consumption and trading.
    The firm estimated there was more than 100,000 tonnes of refined zinc in bonded warehouses in Shanghai currently. China's refined zinc imports surged 39 percent to 421,130 tonnes in the first seven months of the year. Some bonded zinc stocks in Guangdong that have been used in financing deals with foreign banks have already been moved to LME warehouses in Asia after an alleged metals financing scam came to light in early June, traders said. The relocation was requested by foreign banks to secure the metal, even though it was alumina, aluminium and copper stocks in Qingdao port that were involved in the financing scam, they said. Traders said Chinese banks had been willing to give letters of credit for zinc imports even after the scandal at Qingdao port, although they had tightened checks on the stocks.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Zinc is about the only base metal holding up. Anyone got any ideas on producers of zinc in Australia?
    There really isn't anyone left of significance that I can think of.
    Probably why the price is holding up!
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Zinc is about the only base metal holding up. Anyone got any ideas on producers of zinc in Australia?

ovr

Overland Resources Limited
    minerals exploration company.
    The Company’s core asset is the Yukon Base Metal Project,
    which includes the shallow, high grade Andrew and Darcy Zinc Deposits
    in the Selwyn Basin of the Yukon Territory, Canada.
    So not in production, and not in based in Aus.
    But "Promising" Zinc in the ground.
    Market cap about $3m

Problem is SP up 80% IN THE LAST 2 DAYS!

Veteran novice

Only a small part of the overall company but South32's Cannington mines zinc - and other metals. Actually, S32 may be worth a look for its other assets, now that the shareprice is down and a lot of the reluctant shareholders ex BHP have left the register.

From the your money your call program a couple days ago. They talk about zinc. Three companies mentioned, the top one is HRR. I Haven't done any research on it yet. But keen to hear from you guys.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    One of the bigger Australian producers is the Rosebery, Tasmania mine currently owned by MMG Ltd which is listed on the Hong Kong exchange. The mine has been through several hands over the years - I have vague memories of it being Australian-listed EZ Industries' "jewel" many moon ago!

MMG came out of Zinafex/Pasminco from memory.
    I know when I was in banking it was almost impossible to sell a project finance deal internally if zinc was involved.
    Quite ridiculous as it was nothing to do with the metal that these companies fell over, it was poor management.
    But this is part of the reason I am bullish. Its taken a very long time, but with little new mine production coming on as I understand I think zinc could do very well. The outlier is China, as you never know what they may produce.

Veteran novice

Zinc prices at an eight year high.

http://www.kitcometals.com/charts/zinc_historical.html