sharetrader
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Cricket

Chris Gayle for man of the series? He gets my vote. He batted brilliantly and held his team together and faced the difficult weather conditions with dignity and was generally the best player on the pitch.

We bowl Aust out for 181, you would think we would have a chance at winning this one!!

Currently 3/33!!!!
    "Gold is money, everything else is credit"- J.P. Morgan

goteeem yes.. the boys made hard work after a great effort to restrict the aussies on a great batting pitch. any, the boys got the job done and that is the main thing

i haven't seen footage yet of clarke "bowling" broom as i was listening in bed and i dont have sky tv.

can anybody who watched last night confirm if haddin looked like he knew what happened (when he broke the stumps before the ball) or did he have no idea.

If he had no idea then i think you can forgive him - its not good but its forgivable as that can happen

BUT if he knew exactly what he did then he (haddin) is a dirty, dirty cheat

someone let me know who has seen the footage......

never mind i have just read this article on stuff.co.nz

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4835499a10133.html

from the article:

Replays of New Zealand batsman Neil Broom's dismissal for 29, bowled by spinner Michael Clarke, showed Haddin's gloves dislodging the bails and the ball missing the top of the stumps.

"I think you saw from Haddin's reaction that he knew something was wrong so he probably should have made more noise about it," Vettori said.

Ponting: "Out on the field (Haddin) said he was certain the ball had flicked the top of the off stump. The umpire gave it out and the batsman walked off, and the next I heard of it was when I was asked about it at the end of play.
    that last sentence gives a clue that obviously they disscussed it in the huddle after the wicket and there was doubt among the players - therefore haddin knew what happened ...

therfore we can now safely say that: "he (haddin) is a dirty, dirty cheat "

would like to be a fly on the wall, as it were, when haddin next comes out to bat

Quote Originally Posted by foxysfolkfaced23 View Post
    never mind i have just read this article on stuff.co.nz

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4835499a10133.html

from the article:

that last sentence gives a clue that obviously they disscussed it in the huddle after the wicket and there was doubt among the players - therefore haddin knew what happened ...

therfore we can now safely say that: "he (haddin) is a dirty, dirty cheat "

would like to be a fly on the wall, as it were, when haddin next comes out to bat
    A worthy successor to Dyer the Liar. Good to know somethings never change!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nevl View Post
    A worthy successor to Dyer the Liar. Good to know somethings never change!!
    C'mon you guys, give the poor Aussies a break. It's in the blood.

You know, some have still got the shackle scars on their ankles....

Well done Black Caps!!

YOTT
    \"Better to remain silent and thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt\"

Default Haddon Cheated and Ponting backed the wrong horse

Every keeper knows when they have hit the stumps.
    and against the rules for the keeper to have their gloves in front of the wickets.
    Ponting also put his foot in is mouth with his vigourous defense of Haddon after Vettoris dig dig.

Bring it on, the more controversy the better the ratings will be.

Friday should be a ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by Rif-Raf View Post
    Ponting also put his foot in is mouth with his vigourous defense of Haddon after Vettoris dig dig.

Bring it on, the more controversy the better the ratings will be.

Friday should be a ripper.
    yes its a shame we have to wait 5 days for the next game but there will be firworks for sure,

hopefully ryder will be back in to bolster our weakish batting lineup

at the press conference lord almighty, holier than thou, ricky ponting said he was going to watch the replays and have "words" with vettori and also suggested haddin have "words" with vettori.

i wonder what hes going to say now having watched those replays...

maybe something like this: "im sorry daniel you were right haddin is in fact a dirty, dirty cheat - im so sorry.............but i am still holier than thou"

From the same article:
    "A bristling Ponting said he hadn't seen a replay of the dismissal, but would confront Vettori about his comments."

Your right Rif-Raf when someone over vigorously defends the action usually they are hiding something. I'm totally sure Haddin knew because of the hesitation he showed when appealing.
    Oh well we won so along with this incident bring on game 2.
    By the way Ponting is being rested for the remaining games.

Talking I love it!!

Quote Originally Posted by O Dusty View Post

By the way Ponting is being rested for the remaining games.
    I love the way you said that....

I reckon it was more like:

Ponting: Well, that's freakin' lovely, those bleedin' Black Caps accuse my guys of cheating, then you tell me I was draggin' the chain, then you flog 20% of my match earnings!!!! Well you can stick the rest of the series up ya fundamental orifice!!! :mad:

YOTT
    \"Better to remain silent and thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt\"

Am loving the Aussie reaction to the Haddin/Vettori episode.

The Aussies are saying Vettori accused Haddin of cheating. Vettori's comments were actually very circumspect - the closest he came to insinuating something is suggesting Haddin `knew something was wrong' with the dismissal. It was Ponting who then took it a step further and said Vettori called Haddin a cheat.

If the baggy green cap fits...

Even the Aussie media is conceding the Kiwis are right on this one... Probably more reflective of the Aussie cricketers being generally offside with the Australian public. As we know everyone loves a winner. But it's a double-edged coin, n'est pas?
    Marriage isn't a word. It's a sentence

Only chasing 226 on a big field...

Great bowling by the whole Black caps outfit, has to make them favourites from here?

Also, results from the IPL auction

Jessie Ryder was picked up for $US160,000 by Bangalore
    Kyle Mills was picked up for $US150,000 by Mumbai
    James Franklin wasn't picked up...

They join, Fleming, Oram, Taylor & Vettori who are already in the IPL.
    Disc holding - AZY, ENR, GAL, LEG, PRX, SES

Very good effort by the BC's. Won't count chickens before the eggs hatch kind of thing but they are in a great position to go up 2 zip - pity AOE couldn't do the same - win 2 days in a row. Not that it matters, great effort from them on the reserves front and any SP decline just presents buying opportunity.

Go the BC's

Personally I would have picked up Franklin before Ryder but never mind. Go the BC's get the cheating buggers. 50 for 1. Worried about Guptill, is he another Sinclair who has 1 good innings followed by a huge number of failures bring his average to well below 20 before we finally drop him and search for the next big thing.