sharetrader
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: China Shares

Senior Member Toulouse - Luzern's Avatar

Smile Investing in China and other World Indexes

Here are a couple of links:
    Note that some trade fairly low volumes ...

IShares Performance link

http://au.ishares.com/publish/conten...dfs/mpr_au.pdf

iShares home.

http://au.ishares.com/index.do
    Last edited by Toulouse - Luzern; 16-08-2009 at 02:54 PM. Reason: remove spaces

Its funny how the shares in Hong Kong market dont trend the China market.
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Smile Shanghai (SSEC) and Hang Seng (HS) today

You are correct Dr Who, there is little co-relation ...

For example today:

The Shanghai SSEC is up 3.13% at this minute and ASX IZZ is up 6 cents and .1% an volume of 16614 shares...

Hang Seng is up .99% and on the ASX IHK is down 4 cents on volume of just 9 shares...

Strait Times Index STI Singapore ASX ISG has not traded at all... the index is up .5%...

ASX.AGF (AMP China Growth Fund) is up 2 cents or 1.9% on volume of 218,798 shares

My conclusion is the volumes on ASX for ishares are not large enough ...

there is often no response ...

or co-relation ...
    Last edited by Toulouse - Luzern; 03-09-2009 at 05:50 PM. Reason: missed % sign

Shanghai index is heart attack territory.

Up and down 6-7% daily... WOW!

Very profitable if you pick it right.
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Would recommend sticking to mature platforms. China's shares have been on a rollercoaster ride simply because the market is highly restricted. Hong Kong is a better idea. Direct CHina investment by foreigners is possible through authorized QFIIs only.

Any BRIC market will show pretty much the same volatility. If you are feeling adventurous, check out Russian listings on London's AIM or even at RTS and MICEX.

Possible double bottom on the AGF chart at $1.05, Shanghai index is on its way back up, above 3000 today and has already had the 'impending correction' that many predict is coming for the western markets, imo.

As I said on the LGL thread gold would breach $1000 by the end of the year, China has been buying Gold as a hedge against the falling USD so with futher falls in the USD coming because of many fundamentals seemingly against the USD I think we may see Gold and the Shanghai index strong in the near term.
    Response to the US-Sino tariff war was muted so as long as this doesn't escalate I'm in.
    Bought in yesterday $1.075, stop loss just below double bottom support level, as always would appreciate the ST fellas comments.

Guru

Dusty quote "...Possible double bottom on the AGF chart at $1.05, Shanghai index is on its way back up, above 3000 today and has already had the 'impending correction' that many predict is coming for the western markets, imo...."

Yes my thoughts too.

As I said in my post#3(24 07 2009) the Goldilocks and the three bears thread quote.... Update: - Most of The worlds Equity indexes are in differing Bull Market phases The Shanghai index being the most mature of those mentioned in this thread.

From the chart below this latest bull market correction came exactly on cue ....for a highly regulated Country, the Shanghai Index is so predictable that it reaches the point of being spooky.

You get the idea of when the second correction may occur if the bull market continues.

Edit: Oooops....the green inverted H&S is drawn wrong ..the shoulders are to high..should be drawn at just over 3000 not at just under 4000... Drawn correctly allows for the rapid fall/rise (arms) before for the correction

Last edited by Hoop; 16-09-2009 at 11:25 AM.

Hi, any recomendations for brokers for direct investment in the China market. Cheers.

Smile China Shares Direct

Sorry can't help - I have not bought any direct.

I understand the SSEC etc will open again Monday after being closed during the PRC 60 anniversary meetings.

Given the US DJ is at a 12 month high, world markets generally are smiling again, things with OZ Rudd and RIO are better etc then we may expect China to trend up again ...

Opportunities to Invest Indirect - ETFS:
    A very thin market for China related ETFs on the ASX...

Barclays iShares IZZ on the ASX is a China ETF but the ASX average daily turnover average over 3 months for IZZ is only 8992 shares. iShares IHK Hong Kong average volume is 5565 and ISG Singapore average volume is 2805.

By comparison the ASX200 SPDR STW turnover on the ASX on Friday was 852,470

AGF.ASX the AMP China Growth fund average daily volume over 3 months is 291,950 - so more of a market for this one.

rgds
    Last edited by Toulouse - Luzern; 10-10-2009 at 04:59 PM.

You cannot invest directly in China, only Hong Kong.