sharetrader
Page 1 of 87 123451151 ... LastLast

Default Scumbag of the day award

Well Twinkletwit was on a crusade but he may have been onto something with his posting of various crime stories - they ain't hard to come by.

So I thought, why not institute a Scumbag of the Day award? If we have repeat appearances, we could award an annual title at the end of 09.

To start the ball rolling I name Social Development Minister Paula Bennett. Paula's award is for giving sanctuary to South Auckland gangster Viliami Halaholo. This criminal is the boyfriend of Bennett's 21 year old daughter and the father of her child. Bennett wrote not one, but two letters to the sentencing judge and Parole Board, obviously trying to use her position to influence them. Thankfully they saw through all that and gave the guy 4 years in the big house.

She then lied to her boss, John Key, saying there had never been any correspondence from her about Halaholo.

So for supporting criminal gangsters, and telling porkies about it, Paula Bennett is our first Scumbag of the Day.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10554862
    Last edited by Placebo; 03-02-2009 at 11:33 AM.
    Marriage isn't a word. It's a sentence

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Placebo View Post
    Well Twinkletwit was on a crusade but he may have been onto something with his posting of various crime stories - they ain't hard to come by.

So I thought, why not institute a Scumbag of the Day award? If we have repeat appearances, we could award an annual title at the end of 09.

To start the ball rolling I name Social Development Minister Paula Collins. Paula's award is for giving sanctuary to South Auckland gangster Viliami Halaholo. This criminal is the boyfriend of Collins' 21 year old daughter and the father of her child. Collins wrote not one, but two letters to the sentencing judge and Parole Board, obviously trying to use her position to influence them. Thankfully they saw through all that and gave the guy 4 years in the big house.

She then lied to her boss, John Key, saying there had never been any correspondence from her about Halaholo.

So for supporting criminal gangsters, and telling porkies about it, Paula Collins is our first Scumbag of the Day.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10554862
    There doesn't seem to be anyone named Paula Collins in a ministerial role.

lol at the weasel words by her (to him) and now him (to us)
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by funguspudding View Post
    There doesn't seem to be anyone named Paula Collins in a ministerial role.
    Its Paula Bennet but Placebo will edit. Shes a Westie so chance are she'll get the award again.

Whoops on my behalf, that'll teach me for reading the Dominion's headlines!

Their story is headlined `Collins did not mislead Key', and even the mugshot is titled `Paula Collins'.

I apologise to Paula Bennett for any offence. Your award is well-deserved and I did not intend to mistakenly give it to Paula Collins (whoever she is).

Guru

Their story is headlined `Collins did not mislead Key', and even the mugshot is titled `Paula Collins'.

I apologise to Paula Bennett for any offence. Your award is well-deserved and I did not intend to mistakenly give it to Paula Collins (whoever she is).
    She isn't. She's Judith.

Quote Originally Posted by funguspudding View Post
    She isn't. She's Judith.
    So is the picture of Paula Bennett or Judith Collins? I wouldn't know her from a bar of soap.

In any case, Tony English, Bill Smith, crikey they are all the same aren't they...

And just another reason why I donít believe all that is written in the papers. But the confusion is understandable. They are both after all National MPs and they are in government Ė something the reporter hasnít quite got their heads around yet. They are both women so perhaps a little hard to distinguish one from the other. Now we just have to sit back and wait for the confusion between Paula Bennett and David Bennett.

For the avoidance of future doubt, Judith Collins (the Minister of Corrections, Police and Veterans Affairs) looks like this:

And Paula Bennett, scumbag of the day for 3 February 2009 looks like this:

Actually Paula is not the scumbag but she does support scumbags. Does this make her a scumbag as well?

If so then is that true of those that support Terrorists?

Anyway bad show from her for basically aiding and abetting this guy in his chosen life and hopefully Judith and a few others can point out the stupidity of this. By supporting these guys you just make it ok for them to think that what they are doing is ok.

National has to get serious about this. The dithering over the Boy Racer issue is not filling me with confidence at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by hiawatha View Post
    "Aiding and abetting"?
    What was she doing? Driving the getaway car, perhaps? Or handing him the cosh that he was about to use in a mugging?
    hiawatha
    Encouraging him to think thats hes ok
    Letting him in her house.
    Supporting him(her own words)
    Giving him a safe place to come after he had finished his bashing and fighting
    Feeding him
    Refusing to tell him that he's a piece of crap that he (and everyone else) would be better off if he killed himself.

You know, basically being the support structure for the person that he is. Once again it is up to the people around these scumbags to tell them that they are wrong and to ostracise them. Make sure that the courts know what they are really like and encourage judges to give them maximum sentences and keep them off the streets for as long as possible. Simple really

Banned

We might not agree on the nuclear energy deal Nevl but we certainly agree on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    We might not agree on the nuclear energy deal Nevl but we certainly agree on that one.
    yeah being getting worried about the nuclear energy one as well since Belgarion and Hiawatha also agree with me. Still I will wait for fusion power before i convert to nuclear. Having said that we could store used reactor material in our prisons with the crims deep underground in the middle of the Aussie outback. After all it was Bob Hawke who said Aussie best use is as a nuclear waste dump.Also the way the Aussie's behaved in the cricket they are a close second for scumbags of the day. Brad the Cad joins Dyer the Lair.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nevl View Post
    yeah being getting worried about the nuclear energy one as well since Belgarion and Hiawatha also agree with me.
    belgarion and hiawatha are the most PC posters on this forum, they might agree with you over nuclear but they won't agree with you over making the scumbags work in the nuclear waste dump, which is the perfect place for them

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    belgarion and hiawatha are the most PC posters on this forum, they might agree with you over nuclear but they won't agree with you over making the scumbags work in the nuclear waste dump, which is the perfect place for them
    I know. They would prefer decent hardworking people to do it rather than crim scum who deserve it.