sharetrader
Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hiawatha View Post
    There are probably some for whom it doesn't work... and there are probably some for whom it does. You're prejudging her particular situation. You don't know whether it will work in her particular case. She has the right to try.
    hiawatha
    no she doesn't. People who try are putting public saftey at risk. They are promoting crime as an acceptable thing and absolving the crims of their sins. They are placing the public in harms way and are culpable in every further crime that that person commits.

Default 4 February

So to today’s nomination. The media call them “Bonny and Clyde”. I prefer “Piece of Sh*t 1” and “Piece of Sh*2” but that doesn’t sound sexy enough to sell a newspaper.

The pair face six charges each, including theft, firing a weapon at police and failing to stop for police, after a police chase on Monday before ending near Palmerston in Otago.

The three-year-old and a one-year-old the pair had with them are in Child, Youth and Family custody.

More of the story here: http://www.stuff.co.nz/thepress/4837026a24035.html

Boys, boys, you miss the point. Paula gets the award not JUST because she has harboured and fed and defended a crim. She gets it because she wrote letters trying to bully the sentencing judge and parole board (playing the `I am an MP card') and then misled her boss over it.

Anyway, moving right along.

Thanks Minimoke for that early nomination. However, I would like to put forward the 2008 defending champions of Scumbags of the Year, the Curtis brothers Michael and Wiremu. Today they are up for sentencing for the torture and murder of little Nia Glassie, the crime that shocked a nation.

My money's on 25 years non-parole.
    Marriage isn't a word. It's a sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Placebo View Post
    Boys, boys, you miss the point. Paula gets the award not JUST because she has harboured and fed and defended a crim. She gets it because she wrote letters trying to bully the sentencing judge and parole board (playing the `I am an MP card') and then misled her boss over it.

Parole Letter.doc (doc, 27 Kb)
    http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=ddwgxsws_204g8q9b83s

Sentencing Letter.doc (doc, 30 Kb)
    http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=ddwgxsws_203gdd8wbfq

For the life of me, I can't read into these letters the claim of "trying to bully the sentencing judge and parole board"

IMHO, she was being honest in disclosing her links to the govt, and in fact I believe her own words say it all.

"I am a Member of Parliament but mention this only to qualify who I am and because to omit this fact seems in itself to be dishonest."

I guess we all have the ability to see figures lurking in the shadows when it suits us.

YOTT
    \"Better to remain silent and thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt\"

However, I would like to put forward the 2008 defending champions of Scumbags of the Year, the Curtis brothers Michael and Wiremu. Today they are up for sentencing for the torture and murder of little Nia Glassie, the crime that shocked a nation.
    Not a bad idea but isn’t that either double dipping or double jeopardy. Worthy recipients as they might be they have already had their day in the spot light. Also they did succeed in breaking one life cycle, sad as it might be, Nia will no longer have to be brought up in that neighbourhood of fellow pieces of sh*t.

Whereas my nominees still have two legacies, now in CYF care who will no doubt grow to be scumbags in the future. My nominees are nurturing recipients for the future – whereas the bros killed off their opportunity for a continued cycle of shame.

Quote Originally Posted by hiawatha View Post
    I don't think she tried to "bully" anyone. She wrote in support of a parole application, and in her capacity as a private citizen, not as an MP.
    hiawatha
    Ahhh come off it! She is never a private citizen - she is an elected representative of the people. There is no way a sitting MP can ever claim to be "a private citizen". I can't believe you buy that claptrap. As soon as you are elected you are a public person. Stating her position in this way, no matter how she tries to dress it up, is an attempt to stand-over those she is writing to.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Not a bad idea but isn’t that either double dipping or double jeopardy. Worthy recipients as they might be they have already had their day in the spot light. Also they did succeed in breaking one life cycle, sad as it might be, Nia will no longer have to be brought up in that neighbourhood of fellow pieces of sh*t.

Whereas my nominees still have two legacies, now in CYF care who will no doubt grow to be scumbags in the future. My nominees are nurturing recipients for the future – whereas the bros killed off their opportunity for a continued cycle of shame.
    Well I guess I haven't defined the rules and we can have two winners. Or in this case, four. But I think you are being wildly optimistic about the future of the Curtis boys and their partners in crime. If there is one truism about this type of person it is that as well as being hopeless criminals they can't control their fertility. Just look at Chris Kahui. No sooner is he acquitted than he's banging the pastor's daughter and got her up the duff.

You can guarantee that the Curtis boys and Lisa Kuka and Oriwa Kemp and their ilk will be having plenty more kids to (as you put it) continue the cycle of shame.

You can guarantee that the Curtis boys and Lisa Kuka and Oriwa Kemp and their ilk will be having plenty more kids to (as you put it) continue the cycle of shame.
    Yes – you are probably right. They got 17.5 years which means they will be out breeding in their 40’s.

Yes – you are probably right. They got 17.5 years which means they will be out breeding in their 40’s.
    That's just the Curtis pair. Pearson will be out by the end of 2010. The mother, Kuka, will get 10 years.

Guess I'd make a lousy judge.

Update: Kuka got 9 years, not 10.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...0555092&pnum=2

Sorry Minimoke but your Timaru pair don't have a patch (excuse the pun) on this mob (ditto). The Curtises and their human flotsam around them are truly the lowest of the low. I bet even Hiawatha won't defend them.
    Last edited by Placebo; 04-02-2009 at 03:37 PM.

Chop off these scumbags nuts before throwing them in jail. :mad:
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Sorry Minimoke but your Timaru pair don't have a patch (excuse the pun) on this mob (ditto). The Curtises and their human flotsam around them are truly the lowest of the low.
    I think “scumbag” is too generous a description for these people so I appeal to the Ref that they be disqualified for today’s award.

I think “scumbag” is too generous a description for these people so I appeal to the Ref that they be disqualified for today’s award.
    I agree, those gutless cowards should never be set free.

Why let them out, when in there 40's they will be harden criminals, & a product of the "prison system".

Anyone who thinks they will be rehabilitated inside & won't re-offend on release, probably was put in a dryer themselves

I say it's time to remove such "human waste" from society.

Ok, some serious analysis has taken place here. What do we call these guys (and gals) who seem to have embedded themselves into the human fabric of our society?

I hear "gutless coward", "human flotsam", "human waste", along with a raft of other descriptive nouns, e.g.

scum⋅bag
    /ˈskʌmˌbæg/Show Spelled Pronunciation [skuhm-bag] Show IPA Pronunciation
    –noun Slang: Vulgar.
    1. a condom.
    2. a mean, despicable person.

low⋅life
    /ˈloʊˌlaɪf/Show Spelled Pronunciation [loh-lahyf] Show IPA Pronunciation
    –noun, plural -lifes.
    a despicable person, esp. a degenerate or immoral person.

dross (drŏs, drôs) Pronunciation Key
    n.
    1.Waste or impure matter: discarded the dross after recycling the wood pulp.
    2.The scum that forms on the surface of molten metal as a result of oxidation.
    3.Worthless, commonplace, or trivial matter: "He was wide-awake and his mind worked clearly, purged of all dross" (Vladimir Nabokov).

I think we can do better than this. The behaviour and actions of some of our felllow kiwis is unprecedented and as a result, we don't have a truly endemic handle that we can ascribe to these criminals.

So here is the challenge. What label to we pin on these creatures so that they can be and forever will be known as:

"someone who ripped the life and soul from a beautiful little person who will never grow up to form their own opinions on what is right and what is wrong"

YOTT
    \"Better to remain silent and thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt\"

Banned

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but the Nia Glassie murderers were maori, right?

Only a few days ago Tariana Turia declared it a national disgrace and a national emergency that maoris were living less than other races.

I emailed Turia and told her that there was no national emergency, that it was simply an ongoing saga,

drugs,
    child abuse,
    alcohol,
    crime,
    violence,
    imprisonment,
    sexual abuse,
    poor diet,
    ad infinitum.

No reply of course.

Here's the rub.

About a week later, Turia declared she was 'devastated' to find she had diabetes, the result of poor diet and obesity.
    Last edited by Skol; 04-02-2009 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankiwi View Post
    It's beyond me how someone who could act in such an evil, almost lifeless manner towards a child. A word to label them, at least to my knowledge, doesn't yet exist.

To call them human is simply a lie. I suggest the use of a new word to best describe their subspecies - "homoexcrement"
    A great start:

Ho⋅mo   /ˈhoʊmoʊ/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [hoh-moh] Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun
    1.(italics) the genus of bipedal primates that includes modern humans and several extinct forms, distinguished by their large brains and a dependence upon tools. Compare archaic Homo.

ex⋅cre⋅ment   /ˈɛkskrəmənt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ek-skruh-muhnt] Show IPA Pronunciation
    –noun waste matter discharged from the body, esp. feces.

I have a bit of concern about the "large brains". Maybe it's a case of the lights are on but there's no one home...

Any more suggestions?

By the way, sorry, I don't mean to hijack the thread.

YOTT

Quote Originally Posted by Year of the Tiger View Post
    So here is the challenge. What label to we pin on these creatures so that they can be and forever will be known as:

"someone who ripped the life and soul from a beautiful little person who will never grow up to form their own opinions on what is right and what is wrong"

YOTT
    From what Ive seen in my life time YOTT, human would be the perfect word. No other species would be so cruel. Well, cats maybe. When you get down to it all of us offended by the stuff on this thread are just the better half of a pretty lousy species.
    Last edited by STRAT; 05-02-2009 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by STRAT View Post
    From what Ive seen in my life time YOTT, human would be the perfect word. No other species would be so cruel. Well, cats maybe. When you get down to it all of us offended by the stuff on this thread are just the better half of a pretty lousy species.
    Are we really, Strat? Scratch the surface, are there really that many differences between `good' and `bad' people. I'm sure there have been books & movies that have posed the question - what happens when you put a good person in a bad situation. These can be funny (Trading Places); one of the best would be Falling Down, the MIchael Douglas movie when a series of incidents sends him into a spiral into crime...

Maybe we should just call them what I tell the kids - they are `bad people'. Kids understand that.

Anyway, onward and upward.

Today's award goes to Antonie Ronni Dixon, who has actually done society a favour and topped himself in jail. Dixon went on a P-fuelled rampage in 2003, chopping off the hands of 2 women with a samurai sword, stealing a car then shooting dead James Te Aute in Auckland.

He'd more recently been in the news for attacking his lawyer, Auckland bleeding heart criminal defender Barry Hart.

Good riddance to scumbag of the day, Antonie Dixon.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4838288a11.html

Are we really, Strat? Scratch the surface, are there really that many differences between `good' and `bad' people. I'm sure there have been books & movies that have posed the question - what happens when you put a good person in a bad situation. These can be funny (Trading Places); one of the best would be Falling Down, the MIchael Douglas movie when a series of incidents sends him into a spiral into crime...

Maybe we should just call them what I tell the kids - they are `bad people'. Kids understand that.

Anyway, onward and upward.

Today's award goes to Antonie Ronni Dixon, who has actually done society a favour and topped himself in jail. Dixon went on a P-fuelled rampage in 2003, chopping off the hands of 2 women with a samurai sword, stealing a car then shooting dead James Te Aute in Auckland.

He'd more recently been in the news for attacking his lawyer, Auckland bleeding heart criminal defender Barry Hart.

Good riddance to scumbag of the day, Antonie Dixon.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4838288a11.html
    He's done his bit for the NZ recession, & reduced the taxpayers cost of housing the ever increasing numbers of scumbag criminals.

Good riddance to society's human waste

Today's award goes to Antonie Ronni Dixon,
    Not sure about your selection again Placebo. Dixon was a scumbag for pretty much most his life but today he has done society a favour and for that he should be commended. The only pity is that this didn’t happen 10 – 15 years ago.

My nomination goes to Tania Tawa. Not satisfied with 10 kids she is now incubating no 11. Shes doing well to give the unborn the worst possible start in life – consumption of a dozen beer. That may not be so bad but she then decided to drive and got caught DIC. So she’s now locked up for 6 months leaving her other offspring without a mum for a while. No surprise its her 3rd conviction in 4 years and her bleeding heart lawyer got down on bended knees pleading on humanitarian grounds to keep her in the community.