sharetrader
Page 3 of 80 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Not sure about your selection again Placebo. Dixon was a scumbag for pretty much most his life but today he has done society a favour and for that he should be commended. The only pity is that this didn’t happen 10 – 15 years ago.

My nomination goes to Tania Tawa. Not satisfied with 10 kids she is now incubating no 11. Shes doing well to give the unborn the worst possible start in life – consumption of a dozen beer. That may not be so bad but she then decided to drive and got caught DIC. So she’s now locked up for 6 months leaving her other offspring without a mum for a while. No surprise its her 3rd conviction in 4 years and her bleeding heart lawyer got down on bended knees pleading on humanitarian grounds to keep her in the community.

That's disgusting, have you got a link for that story, i'd like to read it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    That's disgusting, have you got a link for that story, i'd like to read it

Thanks
    Try this: http://www.stuff.co.nz/4838160a11.html
    Last edited by minimoke; 05-02-2009 at 09:10 AM.

When are we bringing back the death penalty? Also would like to see harsher sentences. Life should be at least 30-40 years.

National should keep their promise and implement the changes asap.
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Not sure about your selection again Placebo. Dixon was a scumbag for pretty much most his life but today he has done society a favour and for that he should be commended. The only pity is that this didn’t happen 10 – 15 years ago.

My nomination goes to Tania Tawa. Not satisfied with 10 kids she is now incubating no 11. Shes doing well to give the unborn the worst possible start in life – consumption of a dozen beer. That may not be so bad but she then decided to drive and got caught DIC. So she’s now locked up for 6 months leaving her other offspring without a mum for a while. No surprise its her 3rd conviction in 4 years and her bleeding heart lawyer got down on bended knees pleading on humanitarian grounds to keep her in the community.
    Errr, who said this was a democracy?

I'm sure, if he were here to say so, Antonie Dixon would be happy to share his award. But he's not. Hooray!

Agree with Shasta, would like to read the story. Was this another Northland special?
    Marriage isn't a word. It's a sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Placebo View Post
    Errr, who said this was a democracy?

I'm sure, if he were here to say so, Antonie Dixon would be happy to share his award. But he's not. Hooray!

Agree with Shasta, would like to read the story. Was this another Northland special?
    Haha no its Waitara. Tariana's hometown and it seems to always be in the news for this type of thing!! Wallace, gang fights and too many other things to mention. Now thats a town that we should export to Aussie.

Banned

[QUOTE=Placebo;242523]Good riddance to scumbag of the day, Antonie Dixon.

Yeah, one less, maybe we can encourage more of them to do it.
    William Bell is one less scumbag I'd really like to see in a box.

Cheers

We need a license to drive, shoot a gun, own a dog, yet are able to breed & allow the state to pay for it?

Interesting only 3 of her 10 children are with her, although 2 or 3 will be old enough to have left home?

Should really have a poll on how many different fathers there were

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Who View Post
    When are we bringing back the death penalty? Also would like to see harsher sentences. Life should be at least 30-40 years.

National should keep their promise and implement the changes asap.
    You will find the "hard line on crime" approach was that of ACT's not Nationals, & National weren't happy with all of ACT's ideals.

It's the judges that don't pass tougher sentences, Phil Goff some time ago reinforced to judges to use the tougher sentences they had been given the ability to hand down, especially regarding preventative detention...

The judges in NZ seem to be totally out of touch with what the general public thinks

PS, Dr check out my post on the ACT - Election thread re David Garrett's view on crime
    Last edited by shasta; 05-02-2009 at 11:19 AM.

C

Should really have a poll on how many different fathers there were
    17 or is this a bit low?

[quote=Skol;242558]
    Good riddance to scumbag of the day, Antonie Dixon.

Yeah, one less, maybe we can encourage more of them to do it.
    William Bell is one less scumbag I'd really like to see in a box.
    Wasn't Dixon the one who did a bit of eye gouging of William Bell, putting him into hospital for a few days...?

My Mum always says that these guys should all be put into a single cell to share and then the survivor should be shot...:o

YOTT
    \"Better to remain silent and thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt\"

[quote=Year of the Tiger;242577]
    Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post

Wasn't Dixon the one who did a bit of eye gouging of William Bell, putting him into hospital for a few days...?

My Mum always says that these guys should all be put into a single cell to share and then the survivor should be shot...:o

YOTT
    If they wipe each other out, prison guards should turn a blind eye.

Like a gang shooting, the more they wipe out of each other the better...

Oops, this will upset Hiawatha who supports these low life scum bags...

Barry Hart gets my vote for scumbag of the day, Dixon kills himself & Hart starts ranting that the system failed him?

Hmmm perhaps if he NEVER entered the system by shooting an innocent bystander 10 times in the back & cutting two womens hands off (or just about).

But as Hiawatha will come on & say, us good law abiding folk drove him to "P", it simply can't be HIS fault aye?

Are we really, Strat? Scratch the surface, are there really that many differences between `good' and `bad' people. I'm sure there have been books & movies that have posed the question - what happens when you put a good person in a bad situation. These can be funny (Trading Places); one of the best would be Falling Down, the MIchael Douglas movie when a series of incidents sends him into a spiral into crime...

Maybe we should just call them what I tell the kids - they are `bad people'. Kids understand that.

Anyway, onward and upward.

Today's award goes to Antonie Ronni Dixon, who has actually done society a favour and topped himself in jail. Dixon went on a P-fuelled rampage in 2003, chopping off the hands of 2 women with a samurai sword, stealing a car then shooting dead James Te Aute in Auckland.

He'd more recently been in the news for attacking his lawyer, Auckland bleeding heart criminal defender Barry Hart.

Good riddance to scumbag of the day, Antonie Dixon.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4838288a11.html

Hi Placebo. Are we really what? Not sure if you are agreeing or disagreeing with me. If we are all the same other than circumstance then whats the point to this thread? My point only was that perhaps the meanings of the words human and inhumane should be reversed. Loved and really identified with the movie Falling Down. But for circumstances that could be me on just about any day lol.
    Last edited by STRAT; 05-02-2009 at 05:53 PM.

If they wipe each other out, prison guards should turn a blind eye.

"A prison source told NZPA Dixon had suffered head and neck injuries when he struck his head on his cell bars."

I don't know if I'm reading something into this that is way off base, but can someone tell me how anyone could strike his head on his cell bars, to such a degree that he killed himself, without anyone cottoning on to what was happening?

I can understand if someone was home alone and decided to pulverize their head and neck by whacking it against a solid object until they sustained fatal injuries.

But in a maximum security prison, where there has been rumblings that the guy was mentally just a tad off centre, I find it difficult to believe that somebody, anybody didn't hear anything until he was obviously very quiet. Reason being, he was dead!!

I think that maybe, Shasta, there is a bit of a "blind eye" attitude going on out at Paremoremo. And it doesn't bother me one bit.

Look at how much taxpayer money will now be saved. Cruel? Heartless? You betcha.

I would like to see lifers given a gift pack when they start their lag.

1. A length of rope
    2. A "how to" instruction leaflet
    3. a fatal dose of cyanide (in case the rope doesn't have much appeal).

All cells should have a metal ring or hook firmly attached to the ceiling.

If they can resist the temptation to commit harikari for maybe 17 years or so, then maybe, just maybe there is a chance of rehabilitation.

YOTT
    Last edited by Year of the Tiger; 05-02-2009 at 05:53 PM.
    \"Better to remain silent and thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt\"

Quote Originally Posted by Year of the Tiger View Post
    "A prison source told NZPA Dixon had suffered head and neck injuries when he struck his head on his cell bars."

I don't know if I'm reading something into this that is way off base, but can someone tell me how anyone could strike his head on his cell bars, to such a degree that he killed himself, without anyone cottoning on to what was happening?

I can understand if someone was home alone and decided to pulverize their head and neck by whacking it against a solid object until they sustained fatal injuries.

But in a maximum security prison, where there has been rumblings that the guy was mentally just a tad off centre, I find it difficult to believe that somebody, anybody didn't hear anything until he was obviously very quiet. Reason being, he was dead!!

I think that maybe, Shasta, there is a bit of a "blind eye" attitude going on out at Paremoremo. And it doesn't bother me one bit.

Look at how much taxpayer money will now be saved. Cruel? Heartless? You betcha.

1. A length of rope

If they can resist the temptation to commit harikari for maybe 17 years or so, then maybe, just maybe there is a chance of rehabilitation.

YOTT
    Dixon was in the high risk wing, under suicide watch, he fained mental illness to try & get off his murder charge...

He was psychotic, but that alone doesn't qualify as a mental illness (& trust me i would know!)

I'd like to see the cyanide added to there food

Quote Originally Posted by Year of the Tiger View Post

1. A length of rope

YOTT
    There is of course also the possibility that he had assistance moving his head back and forth.

Quote Originally Posted by STRAT View Post
    There is of course also the possibility that he had assistance moving his head back and forth.
    He was in a cell alone - suicide watch cells only ever have 1 person in them.

If a guard did it, someone nominate him for an MBE

He was in a cell alone - suicide watch cells only ever have 1 person in them.

If a guard did it, someone nominate him for an MBE
    suicide watch eh? Perhaps there are similarities here in terms of meaning with human and inhumane Clearly wasnt a lot of watching going on

Quote Originally Posted by STRAT View Post
    suicide watch eh? Perhaps there are similarities here in terms of meaning with human and inhumane Clearly wasnt a lot of watching going on
    The taxpayer doesn't fund a full time "nanny" for these high risk prisoners.

If they really wanna kill theselves, there's not much you can do...

I like YOTT's idea, give them the rope/kit, the instructions & some encouragement to do the decent thing.

Can't wait for ACT's policies to get the green light in a couple of weeks

What exactly is suicide watch.....??

Does it focus on prevention or does it just ensure they complete the job properly?

(Note: This is tongue in cheek so don't start trying to explain to me the in depth process involved of protecting prisoners from themselves)

YOTT

Suicide watch according to the news means being checked every 15 mins

Just saw Barry Hart his lawyer on the news. What a horrible man!!! Just gave me the creeps listening to him. Talked about what a wonderful person Dixon was and his great sense of humour. His final smirk as he signed off was just gross.

My vote for scumbag of the day. I wonder if there is a list of clients that he has got off and the amount of crimes that they have committed.