sharetrader
Page 176 of 176 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176
Results 2,626 to 2,633 of 2633
  1. #2626
    Update Ready To Install
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Floating Anchor Shoals
    Posts
    7,929

    Default

    Great aint it.No longer debating it but starting action.Watershed day for our country and leading by example, more will follow our example. Its a start and a start is what we needed.
    119 of 120 MPs just voted to pass NZ’s historic Zero Carbon Bill into law. Here’s the best of what they said

  2. #2627

  3. #2628
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    3,297

    Default

    Yeah I saw that. Many interesting names amoung signatories like Albus Dumbledore from Hogwarts, and Micky Mouse, Professor for Micky Mouse institute for the blind. Plenty more of that calibre where they came from.

    This was obviously an open and uncontrolled opinion poll , not a list of scientific endorsements.

    If they did not spot Mickey Mouse, they has ZERO vetting of who “signed” it. In fact NO ONE really signed it, it was clearly just some kind of HTML form on a web site that accepted any input from anyone, anywhere. There is more vetting of who does a tweet on Twitter.

    None of this was a “paper” as some reported it nor even a “report” it was an opinion column, so I don’t see why it even needed a non validated opinion poll to be part of it.

    Now how many of these name were fake but less blatant than Micky Mouse?
    Last edited by blackcap; 08-11-2019 at 03:54 PM.

  4. #2629
    Update Ready To Install
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Floating Anchor Shoals
    Posts
    7,929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Great aint it.No longer debating it but starting action.Watershed day for our country and leading by example, more will follow our example. Its a start and a start is what we needed.
    119 of 120 MPs just voted to pass NZ’s historic Zero Carbon Bill into law. Here’s the best of what they said
    Went to a climate change discussion at our local arts fest with chloe swarbick and 4 other people. It was excellent.Rachel Stewart the columnist recently resigned went further.She believes its too late to save the earth and is making the most of her short time left, including buying a Mustang!

  5. #2630
    Trying to get outta here
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    6,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Great aint it.No longer debating it but starting action.Watershed day for our country and leading by example, more will follow our example. Its a start and a start is what we needed.
    119 of 120 MPs just voted to pass NZ’s historic Zero Carbon Bill into law. Here’s the best of what they said
    Sometimes National do things that make it hard for me to vote for them and this is one of them. PS-Must be time to start a petrol heads party or something along those lines.

  6. #2631
    Update Ready To Install
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Floating Anchor Shoals
    Posts
    7,929

    Default

    Youve given up too, its a cop out imo. But there will always be a % of defeatists in this race. Oh well what ever evolves next maybe more advanced then us.

  7. #2632
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    3,297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Sometimes National do things that make it hard for me to vote for them and this is one of them. PS-Must be time to start a petrol heads party or something along those lines.
    With you there. National just lost my vote too. Well they were already on thin ice/lost with a few of their other decisions of late but this solidifies that. Either Act or NC for me

  8. #2633
    Trying to get outta here
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    6,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    With you there. National just lost my vote too. Well they were already on thin ice/lost with a few of their other decisions of late but this solidifies that. Either Act or NC for me
    Yep will be one of those two for us as well, this move will cost National a lot of votes which they are not in a position to give away.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •