sharetrader
Page 152 of 158 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 2358
    Update Ready To Install

The only smug i can see are the folks entertaining themselves and contributing nothing. Anyone concerned about this planet is educating, informing and doing and worried about the future not only for their children but all humanity. These smug unacheivers are selfish to the extreme imo.Denial is their go to narrative.

Global Engineering on a truly massive scale is one idea being looked at the moment but much to research there before seeing if they are acheivable
    Putting millions of tons of iron powder in the seas to promote algae growth for example or placing millions of satellites with folding umbrellas to deflect the sun, all sounds very sci fi fantasy , but things are becoming urgent and solutions need to be found.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    The only smug i can see are the folks entertaining themselves and contributing nothing. .
    I'm surprised you are still here JT. Especially since you posted "People like you will be lined up for crimes against humanity in future in your attempts to deny global warming and impede solving it. A robust debate is fine but your consistent denial and trivialisation of what is becoming an urgent problem for the planet to solve puts you in that category imo."

I'm sure you would like to see some of us lined up and dealt to for our views - but at least we keep them civil. Just goes to show the Alarmists would sooner silence the messenger with violence rather than face the inconvenient truths that keep emerging.

Update Ready To Install

Smug alert

"Among the ideas: releasing sulfate particles in the air to mimic the cooling effects of a massive volcanic eruption; placing millions of small mirrors or lenses in space to deflect sunlight; covering portions of the planet with reflective films to bounce sunlight back into space; fertilizing the oceans with iron or other nutrients to enable plankton to absorb more carbon; and increasing cloud cover or the reflectivity of clouds that already form.

All may have unintended consequences, making the solution worse than the original problem. But it is clear that at least some form of geoengineering will likely be required: capturing carbon dioxide before it is released and storing it in some fashion, either deep beneath the earth, at the bottom of the ocean or in carbonate minerals. Such carbon capture and storage is critical to any serious effort to combat climate change."

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    I'm surprised you are still here JT.
    Exactly, despicable thing to say. Looks like the evidence and replies have been deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Exactly, despicable thing to say. Looks like the evidence and replies have been deleted.
    Its very frightening to see how the minds of some of these people work. Gone is the concept of rational discussion - its now line the dissenters up and deal to them to silence them.

Im staggered the Mods allow and condone it. I've spent time off forum after being banished for comments that never ever got even close to that one.

Update Ready To Install

I truly believe it will be a crime against humanity for people who deny or try to stop climate change by misinformation etc etc. You guys keep denying, this inconvenient truth which is becoming more urgent by the day. Luckily enough people and govts are starting to take it seriously that momentum is starting to turn with or without you. Very disappointed in this ganging up attempt happening here, quite unbelievable, inhuman even i guess its just shows your core values or something bizarre. maybe you should start your own Climate warming is a hoax thread.

Update Ready To Install

Guru

I truly believe it will be a crime against humanity for people who deny or try to stop climate change by misinformation etc etc. You guys keep denying, this inconvenient truth which is becoming more urgent by the day. Luckily enough people and govts are starting to take it seriously that momentum is starting to turn with or without you. Very disappointed in this ganging up attempt happening here, quite unbelievable, inhuman even i guess its just shows your core values or something bizarre. maybe you should start your own Climate warming is a hoax thread.
    There is no misinformation going on. You mentioned polar bears. I showed a scientific study that shows that polar bears are thriving. So it is you who is spreading misinformation. (along with the IPCC) who we must never forget is a Political body not a Scientific one.

Oh and even if it ever becomes "crime against humanity", there is never ever the justification to call for someone to be executed for having different opinions or even for spreading misinformation. You showed your true intolerant colours with that one JT. But even worse, you believe it will become a crime against humanity. Well it is not one at this point in time. We are allowed to hold opinions and you called for someone to be executed for having an honestly held opinion. That in my opinion is truly despicable.
    Last edited by blackcap; 16-06-2019 at 08:34 AM.

Guru

More "misinformation" on my part. Going to give some more evidence on here for the future firing squad:

From Judith Curry https://judithcurry.com/2019/06/13/extremes/

Hurricanes and climate change constitute a major portion of my testimony. You may recall my recent series on Hurricanes & climate change [link]. Specifically with regards to detection and attribution, my bottom line conclusion was:

“In summary, the trend signal in hurricane activity has not yet had time to rise above the background variability of natural processes. Manmade climate change may have caused changes in hurricane activity that are not yet detectable due to the small magnitude of these changes compared to estimated natural variability, or due to observational limitations. But at this point, there is no convincing evidence that manmade global warming has caused a change in hurricane activity.”

I’m sure many would dismiss this conclusion as ‘denial’, in spite of the extensive documentation and logic of my arguments. Lets dig into:

the latest from the hurricane researchers
    ‘storylines’ from non-hurricane researchers
    why blaming extreme events on AGW is important in ‘winning’ the public debate
    what happens when scientists get in the way of AGW activist ‘scare stories’ about extreme events
    ‘scaring the children’ strategies

Update Ready To Install

I believe it will be come a criminal offence to pollute, even deny , obstruct etc and there will be rules galore in an attempt to save the planet. People will be lined up and judged, nothing about being executed but if the planet starts dying anything could happen in an attempt to save it.. The tipping point is here , Bad things happen when good people dont standup and do anything about it. When people deny something bad is happening there will be some sort of judgement/ karma/ call it what you like.

I provided you with two facts. One – that polar bear numbers were increasing. And, two – that the land mass of Kiribati was increasing. Both totally at odds with predictions promoted by climate change alarmists.

Your response was that I should be lined up and treated like a person who had committed crimes against humanity. That is, a person who had committed mass murder, extermination, torture, enslavement, rape, or enforced prostitution and the like in a systemic or large scale manner.

This is you placing me in the same league as Nazis facing trial at Nuremberg. Or the WW2 Japanese who were to face tribunal hearings for heinous war crimes in the far east. Or the genocide that occurred or Yugoslavia or Rwanda. You are saying I am similar to Omar Hassan Ahmad Al Bashir, Al Hassan Ag Abdoul Aziz Ag Mohamed Ag Mahmoud, Saif Al-Islam Gaddafi, Abdel Raheem Muhammad Hussein and the list goes on

Yours is the vilest post I have ever read on this forum. I am totally staggered beyond belief that the owners of this site allow you to have a platform for expressing those views which are totally and absolutely without foundation. That the Mods condone and allow your repeated posts on this matter is beyond the pale.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    I provided you with two facts. One – that polar bear numbers were increasing. And, two – that the land mass of Kiribati was increasing. Both totally at odds with predictions promoted by climate change alarmists.

Your response was that I should be lined up and treated like a person who had committed crimes against humanity. That is, a person who had committed mass murder, extermination, torture, enslavement, rape, or enforced prostitution and the like in a systemic or large scale manner.

This is you placing me in the same league as Nazis facing trial at Nuremberg. Or the WW2 Japanese who were to face tribunal hearings for heinous war crimes in the far east. Or the genocide that occurred or Yugoslavia or Rwanda. You are saying I am similar to Omar Hassan Ahmad Al Bashir, Al Hassan Ag Abdoul Aziz Ag Mohamed Ag Mahmoud, Saif Al-Islam Gaddafi, Abdel Raheem Muhammad Hussein and the list goes on

Yours is the vilest post I have ever read on this forum. I am totally staggered beyond belief that the owners of this site allow you to have a platform for expressing those views which are totally and absolutely without foundation. That the Mods condone and allow your repeated posts on this matter is beyond the pale.
    This is the way the alt-left works now mate. If you don't agree with them you are the devil himself, giving them free reign to treat you as they wish.

Meanwhile:

"Beckham flies around in First Class while campaigning for climate change."
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...-class-flight/

"Record number of private Jets in Davos to discuss climate change."
    https://www.theguardian.com/global-d...s-climate-talk

"Branson proposes strategy to tackle climate change"... here's a tip Richard, stop investing in airline companies.
    https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300813438.html

"The number of Kiwis taking overseas holidays is up 25% on 5 years ago." Were you among them JoshuaTree?
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=11897087

Update Ready To Install

I see where u are going mm and im not sucked in to your interpretations. In plain english for you .Simply it will be an extension to things now like" Dumping rubbish is prohibited fine of $500". It will become crime to pollute etc etc. I believe that this earth is headed to near/extinction for humans if we carry on like this hence a crime against humanity to cause/allow this to happen. This is not some flippant trivial discussion about how many polar bears there are currently or whats happened in the past.What is coming upon us is a first and maybe a last. Maybe its time for the earth be cleansed ad new life to evolve a few million years down the track. but we must as humans try to salvage our mother earth..

I see where u are going mm and im not sucked in to your interpretations.
    You said "
    People like you will be lined up for crimes against humanity in future"
    In plain english for you .Simply it will be an extension to things now like" Dumping rubbish is prohibited fine of $500". It will become crime to pollute etc etc.
    Your are neck deep in a hole full of excrement. Stop digging.
    I believe that this earth is headed to near/extinction for humans if we carry on like this hence a crime against humanity to cause/allow this to happen.
    There is zero evidence that this will occur. Put down the spade.
    This is not some flippant trivial discussion about how many polar bears there are currently or whats happened in the past.What is coming upon us is a first and maybe a last. Maybe its time for the earth be cleansed
    You would like that wouldn't you - starting with lining up the dissenters.

ad new life to evolve a few million years down the track. but we must as humans try to salvage our mother earth..
    Evolution over the next few million years is precisely what will happen. Just as it has in the preceding two million years. Nothing you can do to change that. And that is awfully egotistical to think mankind should alter the natural flow of nature - nature will always win

Update Ready To Install

Sharetrader doesn't need this sort of vitriol. Happy to leave you lot here to your insults and offensiveness and bullying and blindness, for a while, keep attacking, denying and as i suggest start your own denial, myth , conspiracy ,thread.

Meanwhile the urgency grows as one can easily find on Google , News sites all around the world, Science and facts. Top of the crime list would be , guess who, D,Trump of course a total denialist and supporter of coal.