sharetrader
Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Copper Company?

Good time to be looking around at copper companies again, SFR already bought out TLM its JV partner, is this the start of SFR/OZL snapping up on the cheap, copper pricing hasn't been strong of late despite it future looming supply deficits.

CZI still looks far too cheap, but OZL are already funding them, takeover at some point seems logical.

I sold HCH at a loss, just not enough attention to attract a bigger partner and the capex requirements to unloc value from their gold/copper JORC resource

Default Currently holding MAG-AGC-CNB-LRS for copper upside

Last edited by JBmurc; 15-04-2021 at 01:32 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Copper is so crucial in electrifying the global economy that finding enough of it has become a national security issue, according to mining magnate Robert Friedland.

Mining companies will have to be “real heroes” and governments will need to accept the industry if the world is to successfully transition to clean energy and transport, said Friedland, founder and co-chairman of Ivanhoe Mines Ltd., which explores and develops mines in Africa. The world is yet to grasp the scale of disruption in replacing fossil fuels, with most people in urban areas unaware of where materials in everyday life come from, he said.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

I did a bit of research on copper investment potential the other day.
    There's a strong case for it - well summarised here
    https://www.livewiremarkets.com/wire...hree-big-plays

But also a very compelling counter argument, brilliantly made here:
    https://www.livewiremarkets.com/wire...copper-edition

Not sure which way to go - comments welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHorse View Post
    I did a bit of research on copper investment potential the other day.
    There's a strong case for it - well summarised here
    https://www.livewiremarkets.com/wire...hree-big-plays

But also a very compelling counter argument, brilliantly made here:
    https://www.livewiremarkets.com/wire...copper-edition

Not sure which way to go - comments welcome!
    Yes always two sides of a story .. personally I believe more in the former .. many major Copper Mines are seeing grades dropping in Chile ..and because of the commodities BEAR market over the previous decade.. there was much lower investment in exploration and as mine development can take 10-15 for a major mine to production .. I don't think we will see demand being meet ...if the world continues down the path of updating and increased electrification .... many Nations want to ban ICE autos from as early as 2030 !! more EVs more, Large TVs , More tech overall robots etc

SP500 Vs Commodities ratio certainly doesn't show Commodities overvalued to the SP500 market
    Attached Images Attached Images

Membaa

KMT … ever hopefully 😂

I hold SVY and ICG for copper/gold. Stavley is more advanced than ICG, but ICG has some excellent tenements in Peru, and NT, Aust

prices at close Friday SVY 61 cents, ICG 12.5 cents
    Last edited by Xerof; 17-04-2021 at 04:06 PM. Reason: pricing stake in the ground for future performance

My biggest holding now is CYM, worth a look. Interesting @jbmurc I hold cnb too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lion_graf View Post
    My biggest holding now is CYM, worth a look. Interesting @jbmurc I hold cnb too.

Yes most copper focused companies should continue to get market interest.... will have a closer look when I next get a chance