sharetrader
Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Copper Company?

Yankiwi since when can you transmit power over fibre optic cable
    Possum The Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Yankiwi View Post
    Yes Doc, but don't forget all the copper on the powerpoles that is going to be replaced by fibre-optic lines
    than will pail in comparison to the mass of copper needed for new electrics be it cars,computers,tv,cellphones,power plants etc etc

I remember reading awhile back that China was building a city the size of Brisbane in total new buildings nationwide per month back in the start of the resource boom -china is still growing be it abit slower

the resource bull market has taken a breath over the last year now it with the help of trillion's of easy money is set to carry on
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Yankiwi In most places telephone lines have not been around for about 20 years
    Possum The Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Yankiwi View Post
    Well they're hanging outside my house in Rotorua, 2k from the cbd, and a population 60K ish?

How does your phone connect with the outside world at your place Possum, morse code spotlights or smoke signals? I bet they plug into the wall somewhere.
    under ground

Veteran novice

I've been dithering over whether to top up my OZL or to buy some PNA.

Think I'll sit pat for the present.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=a6EtKUzeuRFc

Go copper go! $282!!!

No stopping this bull resource. Hope everyone is still long on copper resources, cos I am. China cant get enough of it and now the north Americans and Euro is buying.
    Last edited by Dr_Who; 06-08-2009 at 10:26 AM.
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Hi, doc.

CDU had another spectacular result from its Rocklands drilling earlier this week and the SP reacted accordingly.

If I could be a bit more confident of the way forward here I might be tempted to take a small bite.

CDU was trading around $2-50 when I wrote that on 16 July.

Today it's at $4-45!

No, I never got confident enough to buy any.

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    CDU was trading around $2-50 when I wrote that on 16 July.

Today it's at $4-45!

No, I never got confident enough to buy any.

Have a look at MNC. Could have a resource as big as CDU. Fangulator did a nice write up over on HC.

Thumbs up

Copper have ust broken through the $290 resistance barrier, now trading $293. Wow.. lets see if it can hold and go north tonight with New York opens.

The Chinese are trying to put on the brakes by reducing production, but it is clearly not working, cos the rest of the world have starting buying again.
    Last edited by Dr_Who; 28-08-2009 at 07:35 PM.
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Copper close $297. WOW!