sharetrader
Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Copper Company?

Thumbs up

Amazing!

When I made this thread I never thought copper would reach this high this fast.
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Veteran novice

Here's an interesting article on the performance of selected copper stocks over 2009.

A couple of points. I think they have their "high" and "low" columns transposed?
    The figures for BHP and RIO looked a bit high to me - then I realised they are shown in GBP!

Unfortunately, they don't include OZL.

http://www.mineweb.com/mineweb/view/...5824&sn=Detail

Veteran novice

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Here's an interesting article on the performance of selected copper stocks over 2009.

A couple of points. I think they have their "high" and "low" columns transposed?
    The figures for BHP and RIO looked a bit high to me - then I realised they are shown in GBP!

Unfortunately, they don't include OZL.

http://www.mineweb.com/mineweb/view/...5824&sn=Detail
    OK, I see it now!

The columns weren't transposed, it was just my twisted way of looking at them.

:o

AMAZING!

Copper prices is at pre financial crisis levels. Who would have thought copper prices would go back up so fast? Just simply amazing.

I suspect the new electric cars and hybrid will need alot of copper.
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Veteran novice

I hate to mention it doc, but "brokers" are tipping base metals, including copper, to "take the brunt" of commodity price falls during 2010.

Bur what would they know?

I hold BHP, OZL.

http://www.thebull.com.au/articles_detail.php?id=8745

I ve been keeping an eye on OZL lately, again. Havnt been keeping a close eye on it since my profitable foray when the Chinese took interest.

Guru

Would you believe it..
    Equity sharp downward corrections...
    VIX (fear index) huge rise in volatility..
    Permabears roars are deafening.
    My email box full of doom from the Death Merchants Prectner Roubini etc telling me "we told you so but you didn't listen"..blah ...blah...................

.............. but copper rose last night.

Definitely tells you the world's not ending just yet maybe next week

Of interest a copper chart in Aust $$$ that a drew up thats more revelant to this thread...still looking good huh Macduffy no probs yet

Last edited by Hoop; 23-01-2010 at 12:26 PM.

Well, it looks like copper have finally given in to the market weakness.

Lucky OZL is cashed up this time round. Will have to wait till OZL and copper price to bottoms yet again.

Veteran novice

Terry Burgess, CEO of OZL, explains why he's bullish about copper.

http://www.businessspectator.com.au/...cument&src=kgb

McDuffy, link is broken. Cant get article.