sharetrader
Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Copper Company?

I agree Hoop, loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by trackers View Post
    Thanks the article Macduffy, I'm focused on copper companies at the moment, unlike other commodities at least this one is backed by strong demand and inadequate supply.

Hold YTC and SMD. Might re-look into AVB and HOR on the micro cap front

Can anyone recommend any decent mid cap copper companies? The small cap index has risen strongly but I think mid caps could be the next to go (having moved very little last time I looked)
    A couple for you to look at, EQN & PNA in the mid tier range

GCR is worth alook 570k tons of copper 1.6moz gold

1.7c per share market value 22mill
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    PARTY TIME started on the 13th December

Copper hits record high Market Watch 21/12/2010.

Copper broke through its primary resistance (4.06/ 4.08) on 13 Dec and has reached a 4.29 intraday high today....this is blue sky territory with primary support at 4.08
    Hi Hoop. The big questions are how long will it last and who is pushin it up eh?

This from here

http://m.theaustralian.com.au/Opinio...0/fi232601.htm

COPPER'S too tight, according to the analysts at BNP Paribas in London. The red metal finished at a heady $US9070 a tonne on Friday, but BNP produced a couple of interesting figures. You could buy all the copper now in London Metal Exchange warehouses for a little more than $US3 billion, which is not a lot of money when you're talking international speculation.
    Earlier this month, it was reported by The Wall Street Journal, and several London newspapers, that JPMorgan had grabbed half the LME copper stock for about $US1.5bn. This set the internet metals sites afire with speculation. But last week, according to a Reuters report, JPMorgan denied it had amassed a large copper forward position. Yet LME data shows that 90 per cent of all the copper in its warehouses and cash contracts is controlled by a single entity. The interesting thing about JPMorgan's denial is that it only said it did not hold 90 per cent -- but would not provide any comment on whether it had a dominant position.

Quote Originally Posted by STRAT View Post
    Hi Hoop. The big questions are how long will it last and who is pushin it up eh?

This from here

http://m.theaustralian.com.au/Opinio...0/fi232601.htm

COPPER'S too tight, according to the analysts at BNP Paribas in London. The red metal finished at a heady $US9070 a tonne on Friday, but BNP produced a couple of interesting figures. You could buy all the copper now in London Metal Exchange warehouses for a little more than $US3 billion, which is not a lot of money when you're talking international speculation.
    Earlier this month, it was reported by The Wall Street Journal, and several London newspapers, that JPMorgan had grabbed half the LME copper stock for about $US1.5bn. This set the internet metals sites afire with speculation. But last week, according to a Reuters report, JPMorgan denied it had amassed a large copper forward position. Yet LME data shows that 90 per cent of all the copper in its warehouses and cash contracts is controlled by a single entity. The interesting thing about JPMorgan's denial is that it only said it did not hold 90 per cent -- but would not provide any comment on whether it had a dominant position.
    I wouldnt have thought you techies would care what was kicking its tyres, dont you lot jump on & ride it blindly?

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I wouldnt have thought you techies would care what was kicking its tyres, dont you lot jump on & ride it blindly?
    hahaha good point Shasta

LoL

Hey Shasta.

Now. Thats what I would have you believe and in many cases its true but while keeping with the truth Im the first to admit I use the FA of other fine fellows such as yourself and G to help select targets and I always do my best to keep an eye on the Macro. In particular the dirty dark side of Macro and all associated lies, deciept and all round bull****. Its not an even playing field out there and one must have ones wits about one at all times eh?

But you knew all that already eh?

LoL

Hey Shasta.

Now. Thats what I would have you believe and in many cases its true but while keeping with the truth Im the first to admit I use the FA of other fine fellows such as yourself and G to help select targets and I always do my best to keep an eye on the Macro. In particular the dirty dark side of Macro and all associated lies, deciept and all round bull****. Its not an even playing field out there and one must have ones wits about one at all times eh?

But you knew all that already eh?
    I couldnt help myself, of course the most successful of investors/traders use BOTH TA & FA

I couldnt help myself, of course the most successful of investors/traders use BOTH TA & FA
    I agree. Im average at the first and hopeless at the latter but fortunately I know a few fellows who are good at it. Many of them are right here on ST.

Ive said it before but the single most important factor in my reasonable success over the last few years has been to get out and stay out when the going gets tough. Timing that requires both. No doubt in my mind about it.

I strongly suspect Copper is being played with by those at the top of the pile. If thats true there will be some crumbs filter down for us bottom feeders

I agree. Im average at the first and hopeless at the latter but fortunately I know a few fellows who are good at it. Many of them are right here on ST.

Ive said it before but the single most important factor in my reasonable success over the last few years has been to get out and stay out when the going gets tough. Timing that requires both. No doubt in my mind about it.

I strongly suspect Copper is being played with by those at the top of the pile. If thats true there will be some crumbs filter down for us bottom feeders
    For the benefit of others

Trackers asked about mid tier copper producers

PNA - Also has plenty of gold (& a near term gold & silver project)

EQN - Also has uranium production (on a small scale)

Like Copper, Gold & Uranium are seemingly all moving in the right direction