sharetrader
Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Copper Company?

Veteran novice

Thanks for the reminder, major.

I've had AOH on my "maybe" list for a while and really just waiting to see some interest in the stock reflected in price and volume. It seems that Xstrata are going ahead with their option to buy into the Roseby project and as no announcement as to price within the stipulated 30 days I assume this means it's going to independent valuation. AOH have previously signalled that a decision on the Little Eva mine ( part of Roseby) would be made in the second half of 2012. So, a wait and see, for me.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Hi tricha.

It's not a producer - and won't be for at least three years - but have you looked at Rex Minerals - RXM? Their Hillside project, 150 km from Adelaide is the largest undeveloped copper resource in Australia, or so they say. Have a look at their July presentation if you havn't already - it gives a good rundown on the copper scene as well as info about the company.

As for "cheap" copper companies, OZL must be getting into that category at current prices. I keep an eye on RXM partly as a possible target for OZL who are still on the lookout for something to spend their cash on. RXM with a MCap of $127.5m doesn't look to be beyond their reach if they decide it's good enough.

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/2012073...5flmtgl9pp.pdf
    Hi Macduffy, I have dipped my toes, with copper grades dropping worldwide. I'm betting copper will get tight as it is the metal for the future.
    They have a pretty big resource and a huge exploration upside.

The beauty of it is, they are close to infrastructure. Mining costs are so much lower.
    If it was in the wop wops, I would not buy.
    '''''''''''''''''''''''
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QovBLFZhQME

Veteran novice

Tim Treadgold raises the interesting question of whether SFR might go from being the quarry to the prey.

Personally, I doubt it - but stranger things have happened.

http://www.eurekareport.com.au/artic...nesday&modapt=

Thanks Macduffy - I think the author is spreading rumors and nothing more. I find it ridiculous to believe that SFR which just started earning dollars would bid a for a company twice it's size. OZLs history would remind them how dangerous it is.

Guru

Tim Treadgold raises the interesting question of whether SFR might go from being the quarry to the prey.

Personally, I doubt it - but stranger things have happened.

http://www.eurekareport.com.au/artic...nesday&modapt=
    Bid in the copper pipeline?

Tim Treadgold19 September 2012

Hmm, his memory is short, if he can not remember ziniflex and their foray into nickel. AGM: ZFX: Zinifex Offer for Allegiance Mining The same has happened to Panaroma recently, blown their lifeline on buying non producing assets, which will cost hundreds of millions to get running, when the nickel price is to low to earn.

He is right on one aspect though and that is copper.
    "The numbers tell the story.
    Copper has risen from $US3.30 a pound in mid-June to hit $US3.80 a pound late last week. It is currently trading at $US3.75/lb.
    The stockpile of copper on the London Metals Exchange is down significantly over the same period, perhaps being offset by a rise in warehoused metal in China, though accurate data on Chinese copper is not available."
    '''''''''''''''''''''''
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Veteran novice

Ye, I think it more likely that someone will make a bid for one of the companies with undeveloped resouces such as:

RXM - I have a few.

AOH - Roseby project - now that Xstrata is taking up the option to buy in.

HAV - for its Kalkaroo project.

Guru

Ye, I think it more likely that someone will make a bid for one of the companies with undeveloped resouces such as:

RXM - I have a few.

AOH - Roseby project - now that Xstrata is taking up the option to buy in.

HAV - for its Kalkaroo project.
    You are probably right Mac Duffy, someone will make a bid.

I have gone over HAV and CDU. They do not compare to RXM's potential, with location and grade.
    I'm picking copper will be between $4 and $5 in a very short space of time.

Then we shall see what happens to RMX.
    '''''''''''''''''''''''

IMO

SGQ St George Mining int little spekky ,Cu and Nickel(jv with BHP for Ni only) mkt cap re $10million

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    SGQ St George Mining int little spekky ,Cu and Nickel(jv with BHP for Ni only) mkt cap re $10million
    I think SGQ is gold\nickel, not much to do with CU Joshuatree.

Be greedy when others are fearful.

The market is presenting a good opportunity to get some discounted copper companies. Unlike iron ore and coal, which still litters Australia's landscape.
    Copper supply is declining, consumption is increasing and all the high grade, easy to get stuff is disappearing.
    Developing countries will need truck loads of the stuff to keep developing.
    Then we have electric cars and solar systems expanding rapidly. It's all positive for CU, there is no easy alternative.

'''''''''''''''''''''''

Glanced at KDR tricha? low mc and some good grades.