sharetrader
Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: Copper Company?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Can't teach an old moose new tricks huh!
    Nope, but you can rebrand him and make him say the same stupid ****!!!

Copper down 1% as I write.
    I don't expect the Chinese hedgies to be back until post Chinese NY.
    $2.50/Lb is relatively cheap compared to what we have seen, but production is a lot higher & productions costs due to energy in particular will be reducing.
    However the main reason I am bearish is world growth & demand looks weak & I think copper stocks will continue to rise.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Same pattern as the previous night.
    Copper down by over 1% only to recover later.
    Pessimism in Europe being offset by optimism in the US?
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Copper down 2% despite the NFP number!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Copper down 2% despite the NFP number!
    Yes very strange indeed. Shorts having one last crack before covering? Lord knows what Chinese hedge funds are thinking/doing! Not to even mention oil is well off its lows. What is going on here?
    Last edited by BFG; 07-02-2015 at 11:27 AM.

Well copper stocks shot up 13% the night before so that's probably the main driver.
    I tell ya copper is going lower.
    Stocks growing rapidly.

Veteran novice

An interesting snippet from FN Arena.

"Copper: Improving Fundamentals

This might come as a surprise to many, but the average annual growth in copper consumption over the past decade is only 2.5%. Note this is including Super Cycle China's emergence post 2003. Incredible, but true, average demand growth for aluminium over that same period has been twice as high.

One would not think such is the case when looking at the price performances for both major metals. So what's been driving the price of copper if not insatiable demand from China?

In two words: disappointing supply.

And copper producers in early 2015 are back at doing what they do best; missing production targets and reporting delays, closures and interruptions.

Here's a brief overview from a recent sector update by Citi:

"Rio cutting Kennecott’s expected output by 100,000 tonnes, BHP cutting 150,000 tonnes from Escondida’s 2015 outlook, while Glencore has cut guidance at Minera Alumbrera by 50,000 tonnes. BHP Billiton announced a 6-month care and maintenance outage at the Svedala mill, the largest of three mills on site at the Olympic Dam facility in Australia. This operational disruption is likely to cost the mine c65,000 tonnes of copper concentrate.

"Closures have occurred at Mineral Park, Boseto, Aranzazu, Wolverine, Troy and Dikulushi. Barrick has placed it 135,000 tpy Lumwana mine on care and maintenance due to introduction of a 20% royalty rate on open pit mine operations in Zambia, up from 6% previously. This royalty rate move has prompted a freezing of mine investment in Zambia, and we believe will prompt further production losses through the year if the policy is not reversed".

So far, it appears the market hasn't paid much attention to all of this, instead taking lead from macro-issues, including Chinese New Year. At some point, however, this is likely going to change.

Citi analysts, for their part, expect increasing supply problems to be "highly supportive" of copper prices, probably in the second half of the year. On Citi's projections, copper should revisit US$7,000/t before year-end."

IMO

FND Flinders mkt cap $124 mill s/p 17c Director buys a million @ 17.5c
    2.3% grade
    LOM cash cost US$1.05 lb
    18month pay back
    28,000 tonnes copper cathode a year atm
    worth a look

Investor Presentation - Sydney Resources Round-up (amended)
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 09-05-2017 at 05:41 PM.

IMO

Nice reports out on FND. Still pretty unnoticed by mkt but up to 20.5c today. AISC of $1.33 lb. Selling for $2.60 lb High purity copper cathode

Quarterly Cashflow Report 30 June 2017
    Quarterly Activities Report 30 June 2017

Veteran novice