sharetrader
Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Copper Company?

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    I looked at them some time ago but didn't buy, for reasons I've now forgotten.

They own 100% of the Rocklands Copper Project, 15km from Cloncurry, QLD.
    From memory it is one of the richest copper/cobalt deposits in Aust but the project is still in the feasibility stages with first production planned for early 2011. Still a few hurdles to jump first.
    CDU seem to have plenty of cash - $21.8m at 31 December 2008 and they have been steadily buying back shares on market.
    Definitely worth a serious look if you reckon copper has a future. I do.

Heres a few positive pictures Macduffy though should be taken in context with who is posting them. I have added vertical green lines which I think show buy signals but would like AA or P to confirm my thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Any one research or have a thought on CDU ???
    Wayne McCrae seems to be both an asset and a liability to Cudeco. He's a bit of a maverick, so gets some people offside I guess.

Haven't looked for a while, but the impression was they do lots of drilling, but seem to do little in the way of getting out some sort of resource statement.

Quote Originally Posted by absolut-advance View Post
    I don't like the fact there is so little Directional Movement Strat, If you load up your Directional Movement indicator you will see that the ADX is only 10, This is a measure of Trend Strength. Currently there is so little trend strength CDU is going no where fast at the moment, Trend less markets like these lead to many false signals when trying to time or find a entry in to the stock, these false signals are called Whipsaws. I avoid Trendless markets, I don't like to invest in markets with a ADX below 16.

Regards

AA
    If people are looking for a "pure" Copper play, then EQN shouldn't be ignored, as the largest ASX listed pure copper play (+ some uranium)

I don't like the fact there is so little Directional Movement Strat, If you load up your Directional Movement indicator you will see that the ADX is only 10, This is a measure of Trend Strength. Currently there is so little trend strength CDU is going no where fast at the moment, Trend less markets like these lead to many false signals when trying to time or find a entry into a stock, these false signals are called Whipsaws. I avoid Trendless markets, I don't like to invest in markets with a ADX below 16.

Low Directional movement often causes the Price to crab sideways over a trend line without the Volume supported Breakout we want to see, this often leads to breakout failure, most other technical indicators as well as the moving average crossover techniques become more reliable and accurate with higher Trend Strength (directional movement)

AA
    Thanks AA, I will look at that right now

Ofcourse your trading time frame and "patience" may be much greater than mine.

I only like high directional movement because it gives me gains much faster with less risk of false signals for my timeframe.

Markets with slow weak trends, practically going sideways but with a slight upwards drift will take much longer to produce gains than a market which is moving with a good pace.

Notice when looking at a monthly or 2 chart of CDU its just tracking sideways?

I like the 14 day/period default for the ADX, but you may choose to play around with it to find what suits you.

AA
    Yeah Im not a day trader and cant watch my plays every day. Usually look at time frames of a week to 6 months or more. Still getting my head around the ADX since you brought it up the other day. Hadnt looked at it previously. Understand how it is used but still figuring out how it works. Am playing with it .
    Most here know Im just an apprentice and that the charts I post are for feed back as much as anything.
    I really appreciate the feed back I get from Yourself and Phaedrus. You guys have helped me to no end.

Have had some trouble finding good literature on ADX

Excellent,
    Thanks for that AA

Veteran novice

Hard to avoid the impression that the CDU SP is being supported by the share buyback but to what extent?
    About 20% of yesterday's turnover were bought back by the company ( 32,000 shares). About 1.6m shares since the bb began.

Seems a bit strange to be buying back shares when the real production expense has still to be faced and finance for greenfields mining is scarce and expensive. Does anyone recall what the company's rationale for this was?

ABY seems to have broken out to form a double bottom.
    Disclaimer: Do not take my posts seriously. They are only opinions.

AMR has sold all shares and is pursuing property.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by AMR View Post
    ABY seems to have broken out to form a double bottom.
    Yep seems so AMR...broken up above that important 24 cent resistance point (candlesticks) yesterday ...fingers crossed it can be confirmed and not a bulltrap.. Spot copper is in an uptrend and the ABY indicators are looking good so I feel more bullish on this share this time.

Disc: have ABY

Hi guys, been trading on KZL. It's also a copper company and have been trending up. Resistance of 65c should be re-tested again in the next couple of days. At the moment, I am not a holder.